Crimson Daggers — Art forum
MF's SB. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: MF's SB. (/thread-3078.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: MF's SB. - pnate - 08-01-2013

I like dem brushstrokes in your still lifes! Keep it up dude

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-02-2013

The 2nd coming.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-05-2013

pencil sketch and color render

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-06-2013

sketch

RE: MF's SB. - Bjulvar - 08-06-2013

Freakish stuff lately man. Is there something that you're not telling us?
Really like that spiderman (huur) in mid-metamorphosis even though it scares the hell out of me. That arm twisting into a leg is way cool!

RE: MF's SB. - Amit Dutta - 08-07-2013

Awesome awesome pig dude. Great tones and lines.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-09-2013

render and quick color glaze

RE: MF's SB. - Archreux - 08-09-2013

Really cool colors and brush strokes in those studies of yours. Lovin this last creature design of yours as well, you've really got great way of conveying weight with the way you paint.

Great works all around! :D

kinda down tonight, so I drew that

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 08-09-2013

don't get me the wrong way but i wish you're feeling down more often lol.Bad joke aside I love this last one 's renderring I adore it.U gotta finnish it plz.Or your bro points will go down

RE: MF's SB. - BenFlores - 08-09-2013

loved that environment painting from page 3 and the creature from post 103. whenever im feeling down i just try to keep myself distracted from thinking about any of those thoughts by drawing or whatever, just keep at it man.

oh yeah and dont forget to put the shadows of your creatures on the floor too

per my friend

RE: MF's SB. - YOLOLEX - 08-09-2013

loving that last creature design its all wavery

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-11-2013

sketch

RE: MF's SB. - Warburton - 08-11-2013

Hey man, good to see your still killin it! I love these latest creatures and your pencils. Those still lifes are sweet too!
I forgot how much I love creature design. When you look at all the cool ass designs and anatomy of creatures created by nature it always gets me super exited like a little kid lol.

You've got loads of really interesting things going on here dude, I can't wait to you develop some more stuff to finish. Keep it up mate.

RE: MF's SB. - MonoOrder - 08-12-2013

Man Frenik, you are amazing with the creatures. The designs are really compelling, mixing the right amount of familiarity and uniqueness.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-14-2013

warburton - thanks! the creatures are certainly a fun design point for me.

monoorer - appreciate the comments!

starting to paint this one

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-16-2013

sketches

RE: MF's SB. - Bjulvar - 08-17-2013

Don't be down man! You'll always be the hero of my heart.
Really nice blobby feel to your characters/Creatures. Very solid and grounded. I'd love to see the right guy in your latest post painted.

Planning on pushing that burning man far? Because I haven't seen an illustration by you for a while! For selfish reasons, I want you to do it :P
But I can't help to think that he should be brigther and warmer in hue while in the midst of the flame. I guess it depends on how it envelops him.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-18-2013

Thanks, Bjulvar. The burning tree-man-thing was a quick sketch for my brother's tattoo artist to have an idea of what to do, so not sure if I'm going to "finish" it or not. Who knows, but I wasn't feeling it towards the end and when that happens, I tend to just move on and do something else.

Rendered the previous two sketches out. I've been using a new method for rendering that I feel like seems to be working well. I'm not very efficient with it yet, but I think I will be soon. Comments welcomed.