Crimson Daggers — Art forum
MF's SB. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: MF's SB. (/thread-3078.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: MF's SB. - JBZ - 08-18-2013

Woah, just came here for the first time, I'm really impressed by the gesture in your designs, everything is very well grounded and believable. Terrifyingly so, I must add. If this new method of rendering feels better, I'm sure you'll pick up speed as you practise it more and more.

Keep it up!

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 08-19-2013

looks nice so far and Im sure you haven't proceeded to that point but punch out the contrast more and add more shadows to the bigger masses.I feel like most of the gut and the upper blob tumor thing should be casting massive shadows and have a big shaded area.Nonetheless looks pretty awesome.Second one reminds me of Huante alot. Keep workin on them don't let the kittens die oAo

RE: MF's SB. - CoreyH - 08-19-2013

Holy shit dude you improve fast. SO many cool images in here

RE: MF's SB. - Izzual - 08-20-2013

Cool improvement and sketchbook mate :)

I think you're on the good way for your rendering ideas, maybe you should try to think more the rendering in 3d and don't hesitate to kill your lines, make them disappear !

In any case keep working that way, can't wait for next post !

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-20-2013

But...I like lines.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-20-2013

bg added and rendered more.

RE: MF's SB. - JakeB - 08-21-2013

God damn, that last piece looks awesome man. The gesture, design, the lot of it. Awesome work, you're crushing it :).

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-21-2013

doodle

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-23-2013

sketch; usually don't sketch with values, so this was definitely different for me.

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 08-23-2013

I found sketching with values to be faster for me.Looks good man.For some reason I imagined the kids on top to be in a fancy tree house.Try pushing the values more on the cop sketch

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-23-2013

I like the treehouse suggestion. Thanks!

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-25-2013

I took a random google image and sketched out continuing scenes for it. I'm always looking for ways to combine study with imaginative work, and this seems to be a decent way of doing so.

RE: MF's SB. - EduardoGaray - 08-26-2013

looks like a fun practice indeed! i might steal that idea haha.
Also, i´m impressed by the energy and life in your line drawings, they are really good.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-26-2013

exercises in sketchup from architecture textbook

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-27-2013

Whatburger cup modeled in Sketchup

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-28-2013

I need to work on actually finishing an illustration, so here are some quick thumbs for an idea I've got brewing. I'll need to do more to figure out what exactly I want going on in the picture, as right now I'm just kinda setting up "space" ideas.

RE: MF's SB. - jameshodgart - 08-28-2013

Woah :D Loved looking through this. V. Nice work!

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-30-2013

wip..

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 08-30-2013

wish i could help out on this but i don't have much to input on.Perspective looks good to me.Maybe try to pull the values back a bunch on the monster especially arround the area of overlapping like the arm and sword.this will help separating it.Other than that looks pretty good keep workin on it

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-31-2013

thanks for the feedback, Rindoukan.

more work on it; starting to kinda like it now.