Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Fedodika the Koala - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Fedodika the Koala (/thread-3465.html)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - smrr - 01-22-2015

"Helps with fellatio" lmfaaaaaaaaaao

You woop those edges, Fedodika!
Be more daring with your hard vs soft edges in your portraits/skin.
If you get the colour right when you're putting a straight up hard brushstroke down, you'll be laughing at what it'll do to your paintings :D

Keep fighting your weaknesses!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-24-2015

smrrr: IM TRYUNGGG HNGHGGGGGGG!!!!! XXXXXXXXXX

So i'm still working on these skeleton dudes; i think the perspective with the pillars is wrong but i don't really know how to fix it lol. The rest are studies I spent a little more time on than usual, and some silly faces; haha paintings hard >.>

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-27-2015

hey guize soo.. had some more soul searchin today. Talked to suzanne for my last lesson wit her and really gettin to the bottom of what i want to do as an artist. This is my sketchbook so imight as well telk about it. You see i'm really stupid and anti-social. It's gotten the point where it's driven me insane, and i kinda like it. What i don't like is being like everyone else, i never have. that bein said; i want to be me and not as Dan warren put it, "RPG guy 68585"

SO! i will NEVER do anything generic ever again! Fukkk dat!

I realized to day i can draw whatever i want, i can render it as well as i want and no matter what, it's the idea that counts. I looked at my DA and just said to myself, This aint me why would anyone like dis? So Next month i'll still be doin them studiez and postin em, I do dream of getting good at rendering. I want to accomplish that. But i want to have fun in the meantime, spending sparse amounts of time on sketches and experiments, making them look as crazy as i can. I like drawing chicks so expect alot of that, probably only that. Buck tooth chicks with crazy proportions and heavy eyeliner and misty eyes.

I'm gonna be messy and careless as fuck, because i like that. and i may wear my influences on my shoulders for a while but that's okay, we all have to. Also, i'm gonna do fanart of my fav babes and stuffz from games and stuff. You can follow me on tumblr if u want her, i'm only goona post stuff i think iz gud..

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/fedodika

sTuff dats me if u dint like it fuk u. Now im gonna go run back into my lil world of winona ryder and fresh fruits, and be goddamm koala till it herts so git off my case. I knoe i said all this stuffz before but i'm fulla a shit okay, i hope this makes sense. The last sketch is a paintover suz gave me for my sophitia fan art cuz she's sweet :3. i'm gonna push teh rendering on that doin lots o studies beforehand i hope i can pull it off okay, maybe get some fanz i don't GAF tho cuz i suck always will one day dis lil koala will hit it big somehow

RE: Fedodika the Koala - StardustLarva - 01-27-2015

Hey man, good to hear you're taking your work to a new direction. Indeed, it's best to do what you want to do, rather than just conform to the current trends. I wish you the best of luck with your new endeavours!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - smrr - 01-27-2015

Fedodikdakdkoala, you and I share similar interests, what can I say?

I can't stand generic art. It seriously got to the point that I felt burnt out just looking at the same thing over and over and over.

I made the same kind of decision as well! Made a tumblr and have been switching things up. Trying new things, experimenting and everything... and you know what? Things are WAY more fun for me. And I hope that goes the same for you Mr. Koala!

Messy is good, so long as you keep working on your fundamentals and all that I'm sure you knoooow.
Also, exactly, fck getting a following - unless they truly enjoy your art. Because that's what it's about, people loving what you love. Not just wanting to please people for attention, etc.

Anyway happy days, keep on keeping on dude! Keep fighting for what you love <3

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-28-2015

SMRRR: just goonna draw what i love from here on out, and actually ttry to make it look well... good lol
and OMG I LUV U TO DETH XX

stardust beedle: thank you!

Yall are my besties :3

Sooooo i'm actually really excited by how this piece is coming; i wished i would have fucking used reference on all my finished pieces cuz well... i never did. Back in march 2014 i did a piece where i used reference, but i never shared it and strangely it looks better or almost as good as anything in my DA. SO i'm cheatin to the max! using reference and i bashed together this comp for colors i really dig; its almost exactly what i envisioned. Now to do some more studies to make sure it doesn't look retarded then onto my intense month of 150 sterdies!

Also tryin to draw in a more cartoony style, studyin serge B and a bunch of those cartooney dudes on FB, like shane glines, Otto schmidt, sergey ishmaev, and a bunch o russian dudes; also studying some ed, edd, n eddy screencaps since their experssions are so insane!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - meat - 01-28-2015

Keep going Fedo! Your next project could be one of those classic art school projects - 100 hand drawings. The collective cry of dismay in the classroom when my professor announced it rang all the way down the hall to the security desk I tell ye. But it was pretty useful! And we had 2 weeks to do it.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - pnate - 01-28-2015

Glad you're embracing the individuality of the inner koala. I've got to figure out how to do that too :/ Keep pushing!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-29-2015

Carne: Ahh that sounds easy lol i could knock that out in like 3-4 hrs, i mean if it's just sketches. In the grand scheme o things tho i don't think it'd get someone very far at all as far as this industry; say they were beginners. If you talk about practicin in this CA illustration field were in think BIG quantity, then multiply it by 10

Pnate: yea bro i know its hard but if you like the RPG kinda stuff you do i mean go all out with it; you've done that from the very beginning from what i've seen in your old CA sketchbook so i guess it's what you love so just love that and everything you do cuz it's AWESOME!

So i'm kinda stuck on this cast shadow, i wish i knew a trick to get it to look right, i looked at some photos of similar situation so i just did that; i hope it's close enough; ill look at it tomorro

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Patrick Gaumond - 01-29-2015

If you can, pick up how to render. It's got like 100 pages on casting shadows. If you want it super accurate you need to know the perspective and where the shadow direction and lightsources are, but for an illustration thats not always necessary.

But anyways, something you can do now is get a stick or an action figure and shine a lamp on it. Local light doesn't work the same way as the sun does, but you'll get a better idea I think.

This is the gist of casting shadows: http://www.sketchwiki.com/images/shadow_wall_cast_on_box/Shadow-wall-on-box04.jpg Think of everything as a stick. Light rays need to pass through the tops/vertices of the sticks. The shadow direction originates from the lightsource and passes through the bottom of each stick and where this crosses the lightray your shadow ends. In the sun, lightrays are perpendicular since its so far away so it makes shadow construction easier

Since your shadow direction is parallel to the horizon, you don't need to worry about shadow direction too much(it just goes horizontally). What you do need to know all the time though is where your lightrays are coming from, and where they are hitting your forms. Again, it appears to be that the sun is hitting the girl perfectly from the left, so the lightrays will travel parallel making your life easier and your shadows are going off canvas. In other words, you have a fairly easy setup here. All you need to know is where your forms are, so you can make better predictions about the width/shape of the shadow and if there are any holes. It's really tempting to make it a similar width to the actual character, but keep in mind its being foreshortened and its casting a different dimension than the one we're seeing

Take a look at this: http://faestock.deviantart.com/art/Ashling-280493553
It's not exactly like your setup, but Notice how thin it is? It should be more or less similar to this. Also it looks like her back foot is raised slightly, and theres space between her legs. Your shadow should reflect that too. I did a quick paintover to try and show what I'm saying. I didn't calculate it really and you don't need to, but i hope it helps. Shadows don't need to be guessed, nor do they need to be completely worked out. But you can make educated guesses with the physics in mind

[Image: 121s9e9.jpg]

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-30-2015

Pat: Thanks so much for the crit, it's funny you mention faestock because i was looking at her stuff actually and trying to mimic the setup. yea i see how thin and tiny it is now and i hope i'll get that fixed up tomorrow through more rendering. Something about that evening beach set she did must have subcionciously influeced me making this image hehe. Again, thanks so much, i'm gonna get some more books when i'm not penny pinchin right now. The shadows are just sticks, I never thought i'd struggle so much with something so simple..

RE: Fedodika the Koala - smrr - 01-31-2015

Fedddddddodika!
You and your wonderful skin tones, honestly. It's beyond me!

My only crit would be to remember to round out that wonderful shield.
Shape tools + transform to fit the perspective would be ace!
I can really see the piece coming along,

Go get 'em!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-31-2015

SMRRRFEET: ^_____________^ thank you skin is my favorite thing to look at... EVER! Oooh i will fix that more and more...

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 02-04-2015

GOALS FOR DREAMERS ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE FOR CHAMPS

RE: Fedodika the Koala - StardustLarva - 02-04-2015

Man, I think since you've shifted your focus in terms of subject, there has been a visible improvement in your stuff. I think it generally looks cleaner and more refined, in particular that knight armour study thumbnail. I guess it always helps if you're working with subjects that interest you, that you connect with. Keep it up, little Koala! Have some eucalyptus leaves for your efforts!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - devinn - 02-04-2015

Damn... Everything in your recent post are notches above your previous updates. Hmm, will the next post be of similar caliber? :) I'm on the edge of my seat

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Lyraina - 02-04-2015

Man… you are one productive Koala, that’s for sure!!
The warrior girl is coming along nicely! Have look at her neck though - it looks rather flat to me, which in turn makes the head look somewhat disconnected. Think of it more like a tube, similar to the legs (which you rendered wonderfully). And a nitpick - why’s the shadow of the face and right shoulder so much lighter and more yellow compared to the rest of the arm and body? That stands out a bit to me.

Also, using reference is NOT cheating. It’s called working smart! :P

Keep it up!!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 02-04-2015

Stardust: Hey thanks! for the leaves! man they're really fresh! mmmmm i like it hehehe; yea i'm doing these to focus on my biggest weakness which is brush control/economy and edges. As i patch things up i feel maybe the things i may be better at shine through clearer.

Manny: Hope i don't disappoint you! thanks :).

Lyraina: You have some excellent points and observations i kinda tweaked those but am just about through with that piece; i learned a ton from it tho, i guess ill post it on DA someday. Some color/multiply layers have become my new fascinations, especially multiply/gel.

Well i did some more fan art today of Amy Sorel from soul calibur, after well, lots of studies hehe; Geez that nude painting took alot outta me i hope i can keep this up hehe; i appreciate your support guys!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 02-05-2015

ill upload some of my faves i guess

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 02-06-2015

HUEUHEUEUHEUE