Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Fedodika the Koala - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Fedodika the Koala (/thread-3465.html)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-17-2016

Aight did TOOONS of visual library studies today and well, all i got to show is this thing i did with a symmetry on the pose just to test pure design, and I'm happy i could remember so much of what i studied but the design is 2cool4me so, I'll try again tomorrow with a better pose hopefully hehe

RE: Fedodika the Koala - devares - 10-17-2016

Im seeing nice progress, Fedodika. What I would suggest is to think harder about each and every brush stroke you make. How it's wraping around the form, what it's there for, stuff like that. Because muscle memory is nice and all, but there's a danger of building into your memory habits that are NOT that good. Other than that, as always, keep on rollin, baby. :D

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-18-2016

Dev: Thanks bro, I'll figure it out one day lool

Sooo, gonna miss some drawing time tomorrow gonna help a friend in need; until then, here are some grainy low fi Hogarthe studies I did. The smaller ones are me trying to make myself draw, well, smaller.

For the majority of my drawing learning, i took up the entire paper to draw one thing, like a hand, often drawing so big that i couldn't even fit the whole hand on the paper. So, since it would appear to be a waste of paper to just go to the next sheet, i would draw on top of that drawing, since well there was a lot of open space still, and it was just lines. And then I'd draw another drawing on top of that, and eventually sometimes putting 4-6 drawings on top of eachother, it looked like a completely indiscernible pile of scribbles. I'm not 100% sure, but this probably cost me a lot of time that otherwise could have helped me. Maybe as much as a year's time.

I constantly feel like I didn't spend enough time drawing, but perhaps I did enough time drawing, I was just not doing it productively. I have mentioned before that I have two crates of used paper, maybe almost 3 now, and they each weigh about 80 pounds at least. After the past few months of this more focused regimen I'm doing and actually caring about lines and stuff, I began thinking...

Should I have done that volume of work with the approach I have now, I'd be pretty damn far along, maybe twice as far. I have literally done tens of thousands of sketches of anatomy, design, everything, and my stuff still doesn't show that. But I guess it amounts to something, as I have a feel in my head for what looks right, but were all those sheets of paper with scribbles in vein 100%? I don't think that could possibly be the case, but who knows, the mind works in mysterious ways.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-19-2016

Well was helpin a friend today, so all i got is this 5 min sketch lol, lot more coming tomorro

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-20-2016

Whew long day, tried to do 100 gestures from imagination, and boy i learned a ton! actually ended up liking some of these, hampton has such a great process![Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o2_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o3_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o4_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o5_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o6_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o9_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o8_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ofbssmF8cU1u9sr37o7_1280.jpg]

RE: Fedodika the Koala - DK - 10-21-2016

Good to see you workin hard in here, Fedo.

One thing I noticed with your dog drawing is that your shading is kind of all over the place at the moment, try your best to get it to follow/meld with the form as much as possible.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-21-2016

Dennis: thanks bro, good point, i actually never considered that

More gestures, this time adding a leg and cross checking Hampton for anatomy and simplification

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-22-2016

Well, i came up with this character in a dream, he's like a glowing suit of armor with a round body, but he's very nimble and usually hangs around in smoldering locations. I tried a lot of different compositions but the scene i see in my head is still the one i want. I'm gonna try again tomorrow because today was just really frustrating, i think i just need to sleep a while and try to meditate or something. I hate when you feel crummy but you don't know why and you try to fix it all day and you just still feel crummy; sleep usually does the trick, we'll see

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-23-2016

It's Fixin ta get real

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Artloader - 10-23-2016

Fedodika, your work ethic just blows me away! Great going. I see you're working on anatomy (from Hampton?) and thought I'd share some tutorials that really helped me think about anatomy and form, Walent's Gumroads:

https://gumroad.com/walent

Hope they help.

Keep it up mate!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Kimonas - 10-24-2016

The composition in 692 looks really good buddy! See if you can take it further

Lots of work with those faces i see - try to be a bit more moderate with your curves for more realism - for example, a lot of the cheek cheek bones you draw are very convex. The problem is that our eye always exaggerates these curves especially when drawing from memory. Try to bear that in mind :D

Keep it coming buddy, you are getting better!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-24-2016

thx kimonas and artloader, 

It's nice you admire the work ethic, but today i got a bit sick from the weather suddenly changing and was only able to work a few hrs on this, maybe tomorrow I'll be better

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Amit Dutta - 10-24-2016

That last sketch is a solid level up from your older stuff i think because it is clear you focused on more accurate forms in perspective. More of that and less of the scribble I say! :)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-25-2016

Amit; Thanks yea, i think those 100 gestures from imagination, like cubing em up and stuff really did a number to how i put down lines. Also fell in love with smooth 6B pencils and making thick, curvy lines

Still learning and grabbing techniques off those Asian artists, really eye opening stuff

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-26-2016

herpy derp, can't w8 to get back to drawing and studying lol

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-27-2016

Alright some finishing touches, and a texture study; I'm working on a Moran study rn, maybe post it tomorrow and I'll be also getting back to drawing!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-28-2016

And now, more hard work and weird designs by Fedodika!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-29-2016

Tried some matte painting today, it was... interesting

RE: Fedodika the Koala - milkdose - 10-30-2016

Fedo you are killing it man! Just keep doing what you're doing its totally working. Your figures and environments are just coming a long so well, I can see the level up very clearly in your last few posts.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 10-30-2016

Thanks Danny, those are some well timed kind words, as i was feelin kinda low today. Cool pic btw, very aerodynamic way of drawing that classical phallic symbol :)

So, i did some poses, but I'm too sleepy so I'll scan em tomorrow, until then, here are some feisty gals I'm gonna dress up in some sexy armor or costumes tomorrow and try to make it look cool and correct as usual ;)