Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Fedodika the Koala - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Fedodika the Koala (/thread-3465.html)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Craig Paton - 11-02-2014

Nice work. I tend to agree with Nate and Lyra, some direction would probably be of great benefit to you. Perhaps you could embark on a personal project or topic of some kind. Concepts for an imaginary game or something.

Also, I think if you stick to only hard or chalk brushes for a while, no soft, blur or smudge, it could in end really be good for you. There does seem to be a lot of bluryness and softness in your work, and a lack of hard edges.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-02-2014

thanks craig, i've decided to bite the bullet and just focus on the tighter kinda work for a while. i feel my brushwork/edges has always held me back to a big degree hopefully my knowledge of values/colors will come through better with cleaner work

First pic is self portrait, me and annoying lil bro!
in other news, abs are hard as crap to paint.. gotta do more of these tomorrow

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-03-2014

scribblies and a quick zorn copy

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-04-2014

alriiiite so did sketches for new CHOOOOOoOOOOOWOW!!!!!!!! think i'm gonna go with like a big cobra guy with other snake heads, tried to add some shading to the digi sketches it's kinda fun :). also tryin to find more paintings with interesting/deliberately ugly colors is fun! Wisecracker Stupid

tried to use just my hard brush today, though it kinda has bristly strokes since i customized :o

RE: Fedodika the Koala - CoreyH - 11-04-2014

really like the non-typical colours on that foot :) Cool sb!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-05-2014

corey: hey thanks man, i love wierd colors :B

I think my biggest flaw is my impressive lack on consistency hehe

BTW Dave's Tut is awesome, it gave me the greenlight on a lot of things :)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Tien - 11-05-2014

Hey ! nice studies ! I really dig those colors !

But maybe check the anatoy of the torso, yours got quite a weird thoracic cage ^^

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-06-2014

Tien: Ey thanks bud!

here's the sketch for the chow. hope i'm not too hypocritical since my dude both has a loin cloth and is technically shirtless hehe

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Adam Lina - 11-06-2014

Nice Beetlejuice study! Your drawing skill is really improving a lot I see. You've got nice colors and rendering but maybe you could do some more practice with breaking forms down into simple cylinders, spheres and boxes. It might not seem as fun or produce drawings that you like to look at afterwards but try to think of them as warm ups before a big work out.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-07-2014

Hypno: thanks i tried that today, i do that stuff pretty seldomly, i feel like i'm just pulling things together slowly where as most people build up to something. Winona Ryder is also my favorite lady in the whole world (besides smrrrrfette!). I plan on doing some pieces in the future that feature her or women who kind of resemble her. I really love girls with a particular look to them, or like Grimes, the way she looks in her video Vanessa. Something about the way these girls look with the dark bangs soft yet square chin really inspires me, and has since i was very little. Oh and dark eyes, radiant pretty skin; love it love it! I have a huge collection you see...

RE: Fedodika the Koala - smrr - 11-07-2014

Hey you! Gah, you're too kind Fedodika! Putting me up there with Winona Ryder?! Whom btw I also love :D Beetlejuice fan 4 life

Soooo, I had to swing by to check up on my koala pal :3 (and feed you because I haven't in so damned long (also I hope you're not dying of starvation lul))

love the bizarre colours as usual! My only critteth for todayeth would be to work on your materials more, nail them textures and whatnot, I'm sure you'll level up a lot if you work on this on a regular basis - because we all know you're kicking butt with portraiture and skin and stuff o:

P.s. Dave's tute brought a tear to my eye :') best $6 I've spent in like. my life.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Kaffer - 11-07-2014

Nice stuff, you might want to introduce some more conscious edge handling here and there, it would boost your stuff up tons IMO. On the girl with the phone: the background steals way to much attention, it's just too intricate to be a background.. Good stuff all in all, keep 'em coming!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - StardustLarva - 11-07-2014

Once again, great stuff, Fedodika! All I really have to say is that I agree with Kaffer, you should probably watch your edges a little more with your digital paintings.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-08-2014

Smrr: mmm... mmmm... man.... mmmm.... these leaves are.... SO DELICIOUS! Where did you get them???? yyeaa thanks i kinda needed some kinda greenlight to focus less on skin! will focus more on other thingssss. omg winona i luvvv herrrr and u ofcourse! Yess dave's new tut is 10X better than the first one imo, i guess cuz i want to paint like him not a huge fan of his new stlye but i'm glad he's enjoying himself :)

Kaffer: thanks haha i never would have thought the background was distracting hehe. i'll try to use simpler things here and there, just always makin new brushes seeing how they fair :). More stuff erryday!

Stardust: makin my issues public today >:D

This is a half finished helm study, i circled the parts of the brushwork i really like. It kind of creates this watery slickness to it that i'm always trying to get with skin and stuff. I did the same study next to it with "safe" really boring technique (just airbrush on basic gradients and blender). Though it's quicker and more accurate, it kinda bores me. I'm trying to get that slick look and get the correctness of the safe technique.

Pshh i'm all talk, i'm also losing my mind heheh...................................

For the record, painting is hard.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-09-2014

today was kinda fun. I'm gonna try to apply my studies in the same image as much as i can

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-10-2014

Koala gritz Sun

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-11-2014

hehe theeese suuuuuuuck! this form stuff's hard. *drops pen and goes to look for more fruitSunSunSun

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-12-2014

a new collage of garbauge

RE: Fedodika the Koala - crackedskull - 11-12-2014

Keep at it young koala, your sight is improving and your skill shall follow.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-13-2014

crackedskull: will doo