Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Crackbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Crackbook (/thread-3582.html)

RE: Crackbook - smrr - 12-27-2013

Yo Cracked!

You've seriously been stepping up your game, it's awesome to watch how much you've progressed this year, keep going, keep kicking ass!

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 12-28-2013

1h

Thanks Smrr, gonna reach new heights.

So I watched Shaddy Shafadi's video toturials today and gained a new perspective and a way to work. Will try out his method soon.

After learning from vids I finished up the study piece.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 12-29-2013

5h done

Applied the new technique today. Happy with the results.

Sketching didnt quite hit the mark today, too much rushing I suppose.

RE: Crackbook - Jaik - 12-29-2013

nice studies. Looking forward to seeing what you mean when you say new way to work :)
Your edges are getting better too. Not sure where the study of the bridge and lake and trees came from, but you may want to try and push some of the atmosphere at the back. I cant really say because I don't know the origin. But making an even better image than the one you studied is always a good idea :D

Keep up the good work and thank you for being so active on the forums recently. It's people like you that keep this whole ship afloat :D Happy new years.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 12-29-2013

2h

Thanks Jaik. The bridge tree study is pretty much half assed by me since I started with my old technique(which is bad). I used the new way of working in last post's nature study. Thanks bro :D

Somehow convinced myself to do another 2h, tired.

Messed around with sampler brush alot in this one.

RE: Crackbook - ramalooke - 12-29-2013

Heeey it's been a while ;) I see you manage to post some really cool stuff. Love those environments. Try to attack some jaime jones stuff and study it. He has some really cool secrets about brush elegant bursh strokes that can help you improve your stuff ;). Keep rockin!

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 12-31-2013

4h

Thanks Rama, been meaning to study some of Jaime's works, also I should study Ruanjia's works.

Study wip

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 01-02-2014

4h

The harder parts have been passed, now to render the rest. Face proved to be difficult and I didnt nail it but im content with the results.

Edit
2h done
Started a Jaime Jones study, also a quick composition sketch.

RE: Crackbook - kidult - 01-03-2014

Nice to see the work and time being put into studies! Keep at it!

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 01-04-2014

5h

Finished the study, longest study so far.

RE: Crackbook - smrr - 01-04-2014

That's what I'm talking about man!

Keep it up, you knocked this one outta the park!

RE: Crackbook - Bjulvar - 01-04-2014

Kickass study bro, turned out so good. Great rendering and textures!
I was also thinking about doing the same Jaime Jones study. You're starting out with really good colors, can't wait to see it finished :D

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 01-05-2014

4h

Thanks Smrr

Thank you Bjulvar, today I found out in Jaime's blog that he had posted progress shots of the piece im studying, he had a different approach. He constantly switches brushes aswell.

Tried to simulate his technique today, kind of straying from the original image because im trying to apply his way of study instead of copying the image.

1h study from movie

Just messing around in this sketch

RE: Crackbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-05-2014

Nice studies!
That workflow on Jaime Jones stuff... it's hard. Have you seen Shady Saffadi's videos on youtube? They sort of shine a light on it, but it's going to take practice to nail it down.

RE: Crackbook - devinn - 01-05-2014

I'm very grateful to your studies.
Keep up the hard work!

RE: Crackbook - JakeB - 01-05-2014

Awesome studies man. Your brushwork's definitely benefiting from looking at JJ's work already, and the game of thrones study came out great. Keep crushing it dude :)

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 01-06-2014

Day 1: 4h done

Well the winter vacation is over so back to school, gonna start with 3h in a day again and try building that momentum.
Im going to set a goal for studying this month which is 78 hours by the end of this month.

Thanks Ursula, yes I have watched his digital painting series, but after I saw Jaime's blog post about how he did the painting I opted to follow Jaime's way instead. He stated that he changes brushes often and from what I saw in progress shots he did it in 1 layer I think.

I appreciate it Manny :)

Thank you Jake, brushwork got a big boost from Shaddy's vid's and his samurai way of making strokes :)

I have learned much from Jaime's artwork, for example that composition is a lot more complex, his way of placing masses and lights creates a dynamic and great composition. I can see triangles everywhere (going crazy)
Also hes crazy with the colors and makes them fit, such chaotic way of doing things and still making them fit toghether is very impressive. Loved the high contrast colors in this piece.

Found out that I suck at composition so practiced some of it. Also did some sketching.

Did 1h master study for the daily study group.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 01-07-2014

Day 2: 2h done

Loomis study

Failed creature

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 01-11-2014

Been bogged down by schoolwork these past days.
Going to change my goal because I cant ignore school, it will just end up destroying my workflow.

Do 40h worth of art.
Do 20h worth of schoolwork.
Deadline: 31st of january.

So yeah, hopefully it will keep schoolwork from piling up. Also since exams will be coming up in a few months teachers have increased the workload.

Day 1.
2h of art done
4h of schoolwork done.

RE: Crackbook - Jaik - 01-12-2014

Really good to see you balancing school and art. I see a lot of people neglect school becuase they think if they put all their time into art they dont need it. While this is true on the surface, you don't need school to become an artist, the life lessons, the knowledge and the abilities you pick up in school are really important to more than just art. I believe that the point of school isnt to get an education in maths english and science, but to set you up with the tools you need to be a functioning member of society. Plus, if you look at it a different way, its really just a free forced visual library building class :P

Keep kicking arse man. Looking forward to seeing more.