Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Crackbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Crackbook (/thread-3582.html)

RE: Crackbook - Eve - 06-11-2014

some really wise words there ^

And for schedules, what I tend to do is schedule repetitive studies and some studies which will slightly change every time (gestures is almost daily, and then anatomy study where I focus on something else every time). Don't forget to also schedule recreative/personal work even if its just to apply learned stuff. And yeah, I can talk from experience when I say one day complete freedom works fantastic! Those art burn outs are horrible, I'm glad mine always took less than a week, but it feels horrible :/ I hope you'll manage.

RE: Crackbook - Nika - 06-21-2014

Hey,
Very cool and energetic stuff you have all over. Love your approach to master studies, nice work!
The life drawing, could use a bit more observation of how the limbs fit together and sit in perspective, but otherwise it's really nice.

Looking forward to see more work from you!

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-09-2014

Hey there, its been a while eh?

I had some discomfort issues with my wrist since my last post, but I changed my setup and now its more ergonomic and I dont have any issues.
I also had the entrance exams into art school, which took a total of 5 days (Stayed at cousins place). I overestimated my ability to get used to traditional medium of acrilics and didnt practice. I barely got in. After that I also started doing traditional.

Nika: Thanks, heres some more stuff.

Eve: I agree with that, I think Ive regressed in terms of discipline, because my time off. Ill just start off with 5h a day on traditional+digital and wary it up. As for burnouts I havent had those in a while, Ive always wondered what would happen if you pushed through one cramming out work. Some say it makes you hardened and more able to take on heavy loads of work, others say your work suffers from it.

Haze: Over the year Ive experienced what you mentioned. In the first months I had all kinds of frustrating issues, but I learned to not get mad and just enjoy the process. Right now even if I completely fuck up(Like trying to paint traditionally for first time in painting exam) I simply wont get angry.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-11-2014

Not used to local lighting when doing traditional still lives. Will change setup to match the values that the still life has.
Also, digital wip's

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-12-2014

Ill post traditional media pieces in groups because its tedious doing it individually.
Worked on the creepy guy more, will post the finished version soon.

Heres the other stuff.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-12-2014

Ill post traditional media pieces in groups because its tedious doing it individually.
Worked on the creepy guy more, will post the finished version soon.

Heres the other stuff.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-14-2014

Heres some Hampton studies.

RE: Crackbook - smrr - 07-14-2014

Ohhhhh my, digging the trad studies hey 0:

Been a while indeed Cracked! Keep pushing it, looking forward to your next personal piece ! Just gotta keep working hard man :D

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-15-2014

Thanks smrr, I cant say im working hard right now, but Im taking steps in that direction.

Right now Im putting extra focus on the idea of doing art the first thing in the morning. Doing well so far.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-17-2014

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-19-2014

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-20-2014

RE: Crackbook - Vasburg - 07-20-2014

Hey crackedskull,
You really did improve over the time.

Here is some critique, if you like to hear it:

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-21-2014

Thanks for the critique, Vasburg.
I really dont use the lasso tool very much. Also in my paintings I try to put hard edges in focal points and make edges more blurry in outer areas so they stand out less. I guess im overdoing it. Need to find that balance. Another reason for blurry edges is that the part is left unfinished since I start out kind of blurry and build up the picture and then I get lazy and leave some areas a bit unfinished.

As for the 2nd point, content and its design is a struggle. I tried using trees, watermills, towers, but none of them worked because it ruined the scale. I tried to use buildings that are unnaturaly huge, but I did it wrong. I think I should study some artists who place massive structures in environments and learn what works.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-22-2014

I found an useful channel for acrilic painting. Ill be checking the videos out in a moment and try to apply my knowledge tomorrow. I also gotta get more supplies, because Im missing a few useful colors.https://www.youtube.com/user/willkempartschool/videos

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-23-2014

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-24-2014

Old ver. Abandoned this.

I found out that I have trouble doing whole body poses, its easy to cut the picture off at knees or even elbows, but since I´ve rarely done legs in detail Im now having issues.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-25-2014

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 07-26-2014

RE: Crackbook - Jaik - 07-27-2014

Ohhhh man! That last armor study! FINISH ITTTTTT! Looks so nice. Try making more shapes without lifting your stylus off the tablet, you will end up with a lot less noise in your paintings at the end.

Keep up the good work :)