Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Crackbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Crackbook (/thread-3582.html)

RE: Crackbook - smrr - 02-20-2016

Congratulations on succeeding in your previous goal, cracked! You're making this arrangement thing to bieetch
Also, congrats on your 21st BDAY! Have a great day ya bloody legend! <3
Party Party Party Party

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 02-21-2016

7h done

Thank you Smrr :)

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 02-22-2016

7h done

RE: Crackbook - Nick C. - 02-22-2016

nice stuff dude, i love that nude study looks really coo' D:

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 02-23-2016

5h done

2h behind

Thank you Nick :)

RE: Crackbook - Adam Lina - 02-24-2016

I need halp. plez crit my art work

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 02-24-2016

Adam - Ive already said everything in the hangouts, hope my critiques serve you well in creating more artworks that make me lose my sanity.

Also if you are ever in hangouts with Adam, do not show your face!

Also did 10h today, yay.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 02-25-2016

Day 6: 6h done

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 02-28-2016

Taking things slower for a week or so.

RE: Crackbook - Archreux - 03-01-2016

Great progress, man! The knight painting is coming along really well, too. Keep an eye on where your light source is and keeping those appropriate values separated. Keep up the good work. :D

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-11-2016

Heyyy Im back, didnt too too much art since I last posted, but Im getting back into it now.

Thanks Archie, the lighting was indeed wrong and I attempted to fix it, I guess I should start making basic maquettes aswell to quickly check if the light masses are correct.

Ill visit my parents for the weekend and set up a new goal in that time, Ill also do some thumbnail sketches and some studies and research for the crimson crucible challenge.

Heres some progress on the knight, I decided to change the bg to snow area since it fits better compositionally, It was tough to throw the previous bg away after having worked on it, but it is necessary. I gotta fix some reflected lights and render up the new bg now. Any critiques on the character itself appreciated(nitpicks too, anything about design/function/anatomy/perspective)

RE: Crackbook - BrushNoir - 03-12-2016

Looks really great so this would probably be a nitpick but just above his belt looks a bit weird to me, as if his belly pops out.

RE: Crackbook - dodeqaa - 03-12-2016

That Adam fanarts was truly disturbing, didn't help i saw it at the start of a workday T.T

Somehow I feel the forest version suits it better though, could try adding darker accents to the shading, just slightly darker values to help it pop more.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-13-2016

BrushNoir - thank you, I intended it to be a effect of the tucked in cloth, but I can see it now, the lighting is confusing,  I will change the cloth size so it wont hang out so much.

Dodeqaa - Poor guy, no one should see that at the start of their workday...or the end of one...Actually no one should see it, ever.
I can understand that, I did paint the character with the forest in mind, so drastically changing the enviro does produce the effect of not fitting in, hopefully I will be able to remedy that by changing some lighting and colors on the character.

Time to set a new goaaaallll!
Average of 8h work per day and only 2 h of cheap entertainment stuff

duration 10 days.
punishment: same goal with a punishment of no internet for 3 months
reward: a day off
Goal starts on monday.

Also Im not gonna post everything I do anymore, only stuff I want to post, I feel like posting countless wips and every sketch I do just makes my mind distracted from the process, so I will try to keep to myself more, in terms of art.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-15-2016

Day 1: 8h

heres some studies i did for crucible.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-16-2016

Day 2: 5h

3h behind schedule

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-18-2016

Day 3: 4h
Day 4: 2h

13h behind schedule

uhh...

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-21-2016

Well, as results have shown, when I set a punishment I cant back away from, I tend to get shit done, so Im just gonna go to the new goal with the punishment and count the previous one as a failure.

Starting: Right now.
Average of 8h work per day and only 2 h of cheap entertainment stuff

duration 10 days.
punishment: no internet for 3 months
reward: a day off

I still feel like my discipline hasnt progressed that much and I know why. I havent been consistant, every time I have started building it up, at some point I took a break(either due to sickness or because I was at a weakpoint). So the other goal is to be persistant, the only days off I get are 1-2 days as a reward for finishing a goal from now on. I will continue to set goals and go hard at it for as long as I can. If I go travelling during summer, I will still draw during leisure time, If Im not drawing I will be observing nature/architecture etc. The important stuff is that I have structured short breaks and not lose the momentum I built up.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-21-2016

Day 1: 8h done

Hes mad and hes bald and hes mad because hes bald.

RE: Crackbook - crackedskull - 03-22-2016

Day 1: 6.5h done

1.5h behind schedule