Crimson Daggers — Art forum
illset's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: illset's sketchbook (/thread-3769.html)

illset's sketchbook - illset - 08-07-2013

Wanted to get a sketchbook going! Still trying to learn Photoshop and the tablet. Been trying to setup preferences based on many different artist out there but I think that is something I need to do over time. I don't think my color is matching my monitor correctly? I am not sure how to check and I have been messing around with it for over a week. But wanted to start doing this. I spend at least 4 hours a day at work watching videos and such and I just need to buckle down and start going.

Today I wanted to do a skull to see where I am at personally and to get more comfortable with Photoshop as a whole. I know color is something I need to do a study on but I think I may just keep with the basics for now. If this was oil is would have been one muddy mess.
[Image: Ekknylm.jpg]

RE: illset's sketchbook - illset - 08-08-2013

Started reading through Andrew Loomis. I can tell this will be painful but great in the long run.

[Image: 9XY1hr6.jpg]

Got tired of Loomis did a sketch before bed.

[Image: pxbSIZb.jpg]

RE: illset's sketchbook - illset - 08-09-2013

[Image: 8VGQLnl.jpg]

RE: illset's sketchbook - illset - 08-12-2013

I really have no idea what I am doing...
[Image: CY6i1Js.jpg]

[Image: TXmoeKp.jpg]

RE: illset's sketchbook - MonoOrder - 08-12-2013

Nice job so far illset. The colors for the skull look fine to me. Do some research on monitor calibration if you're having troubles with the colors not looking right. I like the variety in tones and the texture of it.

(08-12-2013, 04:35 AM)MonoOrder Wrote: Nice job so far illset. The colors for the skull look fine to me. Do some research on monitor calibration if you're having troubles with the colors not looking right. I like the variety in tones and the texture of it.

Thanks! Yeah, I installed Samsung's MajicTune and it seemed to do the trick.

Work in Progress.

[Image: DopOERz.jpg]