Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Danger Zone - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Danger Zone (/thread-4859.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-26-2014

@Fedodika Power rangers!!

@Lyraina Thanks Lyraina, the hip was meant to be like that, making it more skeletal and the blue was just a test with color dodge (failed).

10hours on it = rushed at the end for the deadline = shoulder pain and it sucks. :(

[Image: U2HDvNe.png]
[Image: WZqHXtr.png?1]

RE: Danger Zone - Lyraina - 10-26-2014

Woah, that turned out cool!!! Didn't mean the waist, but hip - but you fixed that while rendering so it's all good now :p
Now give your shoulder some rest! (Or draw with left hand if you must..)

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-28-2014

@Lyraina Ah, I see. Thanks again though!

More stuff, trying to finish that dragon (still wip).

[Image: UsCj8uM.png]
[Image: BPQEsZe.png]
[Image: ky9BwTg.png]
[Image: 6glgkBI.png]
[Image: JnY1GYC.png]
[Image: HbqAeGc.png]

RE: Danger Zone - ones - 10-28-2014

almost forgot how great the sketchbooks are here

RE: Danger Zone - Lyraina - 10-28-2014

Big, fat dragon is big :D Can you add some more canvas to the left so that the head has a bit more space? Draws me a bit off the page right now. Not sure if this will change when the rest is rendered, also depends on where your focus is supposed to be I guess.

As for your landscapes: Envious of your learning curve man >_> Sometimes you scare me! So, next challenge: Why not start introducing some dramatic lighting situations in those? Just something to create more interest than the usual overcast or midday-sun situation. Either by picking according refs, or by changing them (or making up your own landscape, don't even know if you even use refs for those). Some more cold/warm contrasts, dappled light, cloud shadows, big shadow from off-screen, or throwing in some colors that might be hidden in there (in the shadows for example), but got eaten by camera etc?

Hope the shoulder is better! Keep it up Rafa :)

RE: Danger Zone - pnate - 10-28-2014

Dude, can't wait to see dat dragon finished. As a nitpick, like Lyra says, I think you could push the excitement through lighting a bit more in some of your recent stuff. For instance, as awesome as the Cubebrush piece was, that bottom up light would have been uber cool haha but still, a great piece. Just some of that constructive feedback shit <3 Keep being amazing.

RE: Danger Zone - BenFlores - 10-29-2014

Everything is looking great as usual, hope that shoulder gets better man!
Edit: Don't forget to apply those environment studies, and maybe slow down a bit.

RE: Danger Zone - DK - 10-29-2014

Get jelly every time I see the lines on these portraits. You usually work lower rez on these? I find it gets pretty tough to get the really nice fluid lines at higher rez, like those hair lines on the girls you got in that last update, seem like a real hassle (handbreaking) to pull off sometimes in photoshop.

RE: Danger Zone - wreck - 10-29-2014

Amazing, You're lines are out of control!! Big fan!

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-29-2014

@ones haha, thanks?

@Lyraina Thanks! I resized him a bit to be a better fit, he is fat though so I'm being realistic and making the canvas fit tightly.
Will do! Trying to find some nice references.

@pwnate Thanks dude! Gotta push them harder lighting, so much to study!!

@BenFlores Thanks Ben, I feel like I'm going to lose everything if I slow down, haha. Have lots of ideas cooking up on my head but I'd like to make some more landscapes from head.

@Dennis Kutsenko Thanks Dennis!
Nope, It's actually the other way around. This is the original size and file of how I do the lines: http://i.imgur.com/sAjHbtY.png
I really enjoy doing these linearts and have been trying some more decent hatchings too, for the longer lines I actually zoom in even more, like 200%. It is weird but to make the lines better and more fluid I actually use the entirety of my tablet (intuos small) instead of making smaller faster strokes.
After I'm done with them I turn the BG white and duplicate the line layers like 2 or 3 times to make them pop out more.

@wreck Thanks wreck!

Started to give a shot in making some patterns, it is kinda fun!

[Image: enPpXBq.png]
[Image: UJ2A1pM.png]
[Image: oFFp1oA.png]
[Image: GR4LYkM.png]
[Image: nF28XtQ.png]
[Image: YRlaBnt.png?1]

RE: Danger Zone - BlueBear - 10-29-2014

amazing stuff as usual , love those colors and your line work is amazing , only thing i have to say is that top left women has a bit of an eyesight problem :P . keep up the good work !

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-30-2014

@BlueBear Thanks Bear! Indeed she does. :)

Making baby steps on the dragon.

[Image: PiSGb7O.png]
[Image: WIfNiNJ.png]
[Image: oa7Ck4g.png]
[Image: CmhFhHV.png]
[Image: 5QnFEhq.png]

RE: Danger Zone - CoreyH - 10-30-2014

Those portraits and studies are beautiful. Love the style youve got going. That dragons is going to look awesome, get some good background elements and stuff in there maybe, some sweet clouds and rock formations hawhaw

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-31-2014

@CoreyH Thanks Corey! Wasn't planning to make a full illustration out of it, just making a kewl dragon.

Finished the dragon, now to the CHOW!

[Image: MMbW5q2.png]
[Image: YnQXyqr.png]
[Image: qBtZzn9.png]
[Image: oGNqBih.png?1]

RE: Danger Zone - Cyprinus - 11-01-2014

Man. I've been away for a while again and now look how delicious your stuff is now. Those faces you draw, amazing. I hope that one day I'll be able to do it like you! Also your colours are getting better and better! <3
(I feel extremely lazy but motivated now...)

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 11-01-2014

@Cyprinus Hey, wb! We all have our way to do this, I'm just being crazy for a while so don't sweat it, take it at your own time.

Gotta change my schedule or I'll go crazy soon enough.

[Image: f3YRopX.png]
[Image: zSa83CP.png]
[Image: mtwL83w.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Suira - 11-01-2014

Mother trucker!!!!! No way to kill you now, because you sky rocketed into deep space!! OMFG man, I'm soooooo amazed by the jump in quality!All this stuff in 34 days! WTF!!!

Faces are solid as hell, really awesome man, absolutely awesome , seriously. Environments are also becoming better and better, the saturation control is really great, and I'm also lving the simplification , it's actually impressive to see how you manage to make it convincing even if there's some really rough stuff.

Design language is also a lot stronger. Like seriously I'm drooling all over with this shit. Oh! And that dragon is awesome, I really dig the value/saturation gradations super sweet sexy effects.

Only crit is for the last character you posted, also applies to the last necromancer-litch dude , it seems that the proportions of upper half/legs is a bit wonky. I thought it was that the size of the head was bigger than it should, but I realised that the arms are working with the head size, on the other hand the torso and legs follow a diferent proportion, it's pretty minor, but I could tell almost instantly so watch out for that stuff. I know you do a lot of gesture studies and that should fiz the problem, but since you're playing with proportions it might distort your "proper" proportion ratio, idk.

Still, fucking awesome, I got A LOT OF GODDAMNED catching up to do, curse you, my hours of sleep are gonna have to be reduced to half. Thanks for the inspiration bro :D

RE: Danger Zone - Craig Paton - 11-02-2014

I think your drive and dedication is the envy of this forum. You are proof of the equation hard work = get better.

RE: Danger Zone - denikina - 11-03-2014

The heads and poses are really fluent. Are they all form imagination? No matter the answer - great job. I love the stylisation.
I like the final dragon - the colors are great, though I only wish his head would be turned a bit towards the viewer. It would make him engage with the little human for one (because I didn't notice him the first time and he makes a nice comparison for the dragon's size) and lead back to the middle of the drawing instead of pointing outwards. But that's just a small detail. Overall - he is adorable. :3

Once again - your workflow is something inspiring. I will reschedule my weekly plan for november and work more efficiently...or die trying. :3

RE: Danger Zone - wreck - 11-03-2014

The line work in those head drawings, just damn, super solid. Keep it up!