Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Danger Zone - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Danger Zone (/thread-4859.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Danger Zone - Paul Kokshin - 11-15-2014

Your amount of work and consistency are crazy! Great stuff!

RE: Danger Zone - jeremygordon89 - 11-16-2014

Incredibly inspiring seeing all the work you do! I'm loving all of it.

Curious what the numbers indicate on your studies too, because I notice some of them share the same number.

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 11-17-2014

@Archreux Thanks! No, not yet. :(

@Paul Kokshin Thanks Paul! Your work is amazing too.

@jeremygordon89 Thanks jeremy! They're dates, hehe. :)

Took time off the studies to finish this one. Studies are going to slow down and more pieces are going to come out now. Gotta start finishing some stuff.

[Image: MfhLcrv.png?1]

RE: Danger Zone - Heliux - 11-17-2014

really dig the colors on that last one! all your line drawings are so clean! do you draw a bit messy on a separate layer, or do you just go for it? Also, you do a lot of exaggerated head proportions, any recommended approaches/influences to check out to learning that particularly? O_o

RE: Danger Zone - Adrian - 11-17-2014

Jesus man ... this .. this is just so wrong .. that thing over there and ... that other one is just ... pff ... marry me. LOL

You really loved WoW didn't you ? I get a little bit of that feel in every piece you do.
Can't wait to see the future pieces !!

RE: Danger Zone - jeremygordon89 - 11-17-2014

Nice piece! And oh, dates, I should have realized. Doh!

RE: Danger Zone - Eristhe - 11-17-2014

Hey man, thanks for commenting on my sketchbook! Been lurking on yours for a while, your productivity kills me. I know the pain over getting things finished though. Overwatch fan art looks sweet, love the lighting on your portrait studies and how clean everything is. Would be good to maybe see some more advanced perspective? Everything feels like it's stuck on one plane at the moment which is killing your composition/movement. (Yeah, I've been following this sketchbook for months and that's the only crit I have. You must be doing something right.)

Keep at it 'til Blizz comes knocking!

RE: Danger Zone - ramalooke - 11-17-2014

love those clouds in the background. great image. good job ;3

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 11-18-2014

@Heliux Thanks Heliux! For the heads I only make a circle and the cross in the middle of the face so I have a start point, if it's something more complicated I do make messier lines underneath to get the feeling of it (the samurai in this post is one example I did messier lines underneath).
As for references, these 2 guys make awesome faces: http://rlyonsart.blogspot.com/ http://thepaulrichards.tumblr.com/. I'm always trying to syphon some of their mojo.

@Adrian Lol, thanks Adrian, but no, I'm already married to Photoshop. :(
Yea, I played way too much back in the day, iirc I had like 300 days played. Nowadays I'm more into the lore, reading the books and what not.

@jeremygordon89 Np dude, and thanks!

@Eristhe Thanks Eristhe, totally agree with you there. I have a .... problem doing different angles, whenever I start doing something from my own creation, or even if it's fanart, in my subconscious I try to show everything on that character, for some reason there can't even be a leg not showing. It has been hard to get away from that, but I'm trying.

@ramalooke Thanks rama! The clouds were a big hit, lol, and I made them very fast, means I'm doing something right!

Some faces, which I really liked, if I can get to translate this style into color I'll be veeeeeery happy.
Trying to make the samurai more legendary too.

[Image: Nf8cEjm.png]
[Image: FB6hbdk.png]
[Image: T77nyG0.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Archreux - 11-18-2014

Those faces and that samurai are so good. So full of that yummy style goodness.

The Blizz should totally come looking for you, I would! They're missing someone. :D

Great update. Looking forward to seeing more of that samurai guy.

RE: Danger Zone - wreck - 11-18-2014

Beast mode!

RE: Danger Zone - AliceChopper - 11-19-2014

Just travelled from page 1 to 27 and I am in very mixed feelings (mostly awe and a healty dose of jelaousy :)) and most importanly learned one thing or two on the way. Thanks for the inspiration :)

RE: Danger Zone - Vompt - 11-19-2014

Man! What is Blizzard waiting for to hire you!

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 11-19-2014

@Archreux Thank you! Haha, Soon enough, soon enough, just need to polish some more.
Samurai will be my focus this week!

@wreck Is it time to rip my shirt off??

@AliceChopper Hey np, always nice to be inspiring, hope you didn't get dissappointed after 27 pages, lol.

@Vompt Haha, thanks Vompt, still need a few things before I make contact!

Today's stuff.
I don't know what pose to make for the samurai guy so I tried a bunch and still not that happy with any of them, we'll see...

[Image: 6omHiIp.png]
[Image: EHZgrYr.png]
[Image: bYot92O.png]

RE: Danger Zone - pnate - 11-19-2014

Ooooh delicious study! Also can't wait to see how epic and legendary the samurai dude comes out.

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 11-20-2014

@pnate Thanks dude! Giving all my time to this guy now. Hope I don't fail myself at the end, lol.

Samurai stuff.

[Image: c26mSrY.png]
[Image: 9hFP7Ur.png]
[Image: GDWk6wv.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Fedodika - 11-20-2014

im crying

RE: Danger Zone - Cyprinus - 11-21-2014

*joins Fedodika in crying*

Amazing stuff. Can't wait to see the Samurai finished, I'm loving the design already!

RE: Danger Zone - AngeliquevdMee - 11-21-2014

Hey, I just saw this on DA. Maybe you´re interested or not, i dont know. Thought I would let you know in case you haven´t seen it yet XD http://www.deviantart.com/journal/Goblins-vs-Gnomes-Challenge-493956196

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 11-22-2014

@Fedodika I hope those are good tears haha.

@Cyprinus Thank you! It's giving me a hard time this one.

@AngeliquevdMee Yea, I saw it yesterday too, but thanks again! I will be giving my blood for this one, so I might not be doing more daily studies.

Grayscale beating my ass and gonna try to start the full painting tomorrow, we'll see.

[Image: l6MR3TF.png]
[Image: FtCFK90.png]