Crimson Daggers — Art forum
ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: STUDY GROUP (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: PARTNER/GROUP DAILIES (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: ABANDONED HIDEOUT (/thread-5830.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - JyonnyNovice - 03-20-2015

Jeso Don't focus on the end result, those 6 days you spend sweating and working hard are the important thing! All that stuff is in your life now and helps shape and sharpen all your skills! Great work ethic too, posing yourself, that's a really thorough and thoughtful process! Like my girl above, I spent like 5 - 6 hours doing that, if I judged the value of my time on the end result I could get depressed but I try to focus on the process, that I've strengthened, and the mistakes I made, which I can work on next time! Keep going ^^

Amit Looking great so far, nothing to say I don't think!

Thanks for the crits guys, that neck... such a glaring mistake that I didn't notice til the very end. I'd cropped and moved her head whilst mid flow and overlooked the connection to the torso. I didn't use any reference, I did one from reference the day before and tried that one from imagination.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Caisne - 03-21-2015

@Jeso Dude, this shit says that you put hours in it and tried your best. You invested this 6 days into you dream so just move on. Keep rocking hard man!

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Jeso - 03-21-2015

Thanks dudes, you are cool guys. Glad to have you by my side on this quest of madness. Ill post my progress on the new one tonight.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Jeso - 03-21-2015

Hi guys, so, working on my new piece. this time i wanna try something fun and more relaxing. Ill make a more character focused piece. Im painting this weird alien dude, with hovering arms beside him. And kind of hand shapes in his head. Im trying to make him Young? almost.. like the proportions of a kid kinda. So far im working on the design,
So these 2 images are mainly for choosing the clothing.. what do you guys think?

[Image: 16693244589_b8f5947784_c.jpg]

[Image: 16691757608_6400cdda00_c.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Eurogin - 03-22-2015

@Jeso Looks really cool man, I like both but in particular the second, has a lot of energy and the camera is cool.

So I have been working on setting up a environment, still needs work but I have a few questions if anyone could give input on. The main issue is size relations, the people in the scene at the front are very small to make the mountains enormous. This is what I was going for but I wanted the tree(in the middle, which is the focal point) to be outstandingly large, so I placed rough buildings under it to make it big. Now if I crop the image to just the tree it looks big, but when zoomed out it makes the buildings under it look small, any thoughts? Oh and do you guys think the composition is alright? (it feels a bit wonky to me)

P.S. I know the linework is very rough and the line weight is really bad, so hopefully you guys can read it, since lineworks are usually only for me

[attachment=65701]

(03-22-2015, 08:26 AM)Eurogin Wrote: @Jeso Looks really cool man, I like both but in particular the second, has a lot of energy and the camera is cool.

So I have been working on setting up a environment, still needs work but I have a few questions if anyone could give input on. The main issue is size relations, the people in the scene at the front are very small to make the mountains enormous. This is what I was going for but I wanted the tree(in the middle, which is the focal point) to be outstandingly large, so I placed rough buildings under it to make it big. Now if I crop the image to just the tree it looks big, but when zoomed out it makes the buildings under it look small, any thoughts? Oh and do you guys think the composition is alright? (it feels a bit wonky to me)

P.S. I know the linework is very rough and the line weight is really bad, so hopefully you guys can read it, since lineworks are usually only for me
Hopefully you guys can see the images, trying to figure this cite out

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - JyonnyNovice - 03-22-2015

Jeso 2nd one definitely, face is much more childlike as well (remember the younger they are the less jaw they have, and in turn the more forehead!)

Eurogin Your picture isn't showing up for me... it says there's an attachment but I don't see an image ^^; You can try hosting it on another site like imgur.com and linking it here.

Doing a weekly illustration challenge, will use one of these thumbnails to make an illustration tomorrow. Any of them have potential? I looked at them for too long to be objective.

[Image: 28NMkwW.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Amit Dutta - 03-22-2015

What's the illustration meant to show Jyonny? I like 4 and 5 going clockwise from top left, but hard to say because I have no idea what is going on in any of them.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - ramalooke - 03-23-2015

Getting back into pencil. Did this during last life drawing class =o boy i suck ;o

[Image: 20150322_142928%20copy_zpsbmnh3krc.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Eurogin - 03-23-2015

Alright hope it works this time ^^, this is the picture from my post above (hopefully you guys can give a few suggestions)

Image link: http://i.imgur.com/GEhc8xZ.jpg

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - JyonnyNovice - 03-23-2015

Amit Guess I should've called it a painting instead of illustration, there was no specific idea for them, just wanted to use those colours and tried to get some nice shapes and values and stuff going on. The top right one is an upshot of a ship ride a wave, bottom right is a guy with flame robes looking down on a settlement etc etc, I can see little pictures from them, not so good at getting the image across yet in colour thumbnails. Thanks for the comment.

Rama Great to use different mediums sometimes ^^

Eurogin If you use [ img ] http : // imgur.com/whatever.jpg [ /img ] without the spaces, we can see the picture in the post. The buildings look great but yes the mountains do dwarf things and the tree doesn't feel so huge like you wanted. Maybe try covering up the moutain directly behind the tree, and try to indicate some people dots at the base of the tree. The buildings are still bigger than the tree though so I think you'd have to do something else to get the effect you want.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - NinoKitteN - 03-23-2015

I think I like the story aspect of images , this is the first time I actualy go through the process of thumbnailing and thinking things through , I only did 3 becuz , for some reason , I burnt out , I hope this wasn’t a fluke.

I feel like this is something I can turn into a cool piece… Or so I hope.

[Image: tumblr_nlmng16G5Z1u2itq9o1_1280.jpg]

EDIT- If you guys could tell me like what u see in it , like , ur interpretation I guess that'd be great

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - JyonnyNovice - 03-23-2015

Nino Nice thumbs, three witches, or priestesses. A virgin being taken for sacrifice... three women definitely ^^ and some trees... the last one could be a cashpoint (jk)

Totally beyond my capabilities to do this painting... Idk why his robes are flaming, or what he's looking at, or how the hell to paint xD ... abandoned it due to loss of mind (seriously though I approached this all wrong, started in colour painting right on top of the thumbnail after I'd done the lines, switched to values halfway through when it was too difficult, kept it pretty much on one layer... just a messy way, next weeks painting I will approach more thoughtfully)

Good to push comfort zone I suppose, will try again next week!

Disaster:

[Image: 4141gvq.jpg]

Lines:

[Image: Eft27UO.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - ramalooke - 03-24-2015

practicing pencils

[Image: 20150323_212027%20copy_zpsflzu7qzd.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Aumes - 03-24-2015

Last week studies (clouds):

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-03-23%2Bat%2B5.02.07%2BPM.png]

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-03-23%2Bat%2B9.27.46%2BPM.png]

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-03-23%2Bat%2B10.36.44%2BAM.png]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Caisne - 03-25-2015

@Rama wow. Envy you're able to visit such an awesome class. dat hand tho
@aumes Love this sketches. All feels like a part of the same world and i like that. Try to make sy and backround elements less contrast, itll add more scale and depth to the piece.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Jeso - 03-25-2015

Hey Aumes, i recommend saving time on the studies by focusing on the specific elemtns you are studying. If you say "clouds" then isolate clouds, in stead of wasting time on ground, characters, and whatever else. It'll help your mind remember what matters, when you are done with it.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Aumes - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 03:21 AM)Caisne Wrote: @Rama wow. Envy you're able to visit such an awesome class. dat hand tho
@aumes Love this sketches. All feels like a part of the same world and i like that. Try to make sy and backround elements less contrast, itll add more scale and depth to the piece.

Thanks for the crit Caisne, i appreciate. I'll have a look at it. Also, i'm kind of a distracted lad - congrats for your recently acquired job.

(03-25-2015, 07:46 AM)Jeso Wrote: Hey Aumes, i recommend saving time on the studies by focusing on the specific elemtns you are studying. If you say "clouds" then isolate clouds, in stead of wasting time on ground, characters, and whatever else. It'll help your mind remember what matters, when you are done with it.

Thanks Jeso for the comment, makes sense. The main focus was about the clouds, even though i felt like using it in a context, since it was done. I might have used the wrong words to it, my mistake.
Cheers.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Amit Dutta - 03-26-2015

Ihor: Forgot to say Congrats on the job!, gonna spill the beans? ;)
Aumes: Nice sketches, love the first one. The photo elements are still way too obvious on the last. You should overpaint if you want to integrate, if you want more finished work anyway.
Jyonny: Well you tried and that's what counts. It's all good mileage man.
Rama: Nice pencils again.

The final
[Image: attachment.php?aid=65804]

Playing with colour and painterly approach is so much more fun than the uber render using photos etc. Think I'm gonna have to get back to the fun and extend this into a full blown personal illustration.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=65843]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - NinoKitteN - 03-27-2015

Some sketches, the last one is inspired by Iain McCaig.

[Image: tumblr_nlscx7tSyY1u2itq9o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nlscx7tSyY1u2itq9o2_1280.jpg]

Amit If you like painterly stuff you should check out Mike Azevedo's stuff

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Veneq - 03-29-2015

Hadn't really stopped by since this thing got going.. Just looked through everything since I last stopped in at the beginning of December - I need this in my life! Y'all are killing it! Amit, I mentioned this over in your sketchbook thread, but dude... your fearless approach to color inspires me. Just as a lot of the work you guys have been doing!

Needless to say, I want in. Since I'm new to the thread / group(?), I've been a Dagger since 2012 - I used to go by Pierce. Anyway, here's stuff.

Here's some recent study work and a spit paint from Daily Spitpaint over on Facebook. Topic was Death Ray Blaster.
[Image: snZREQz.jpg?2]

And studies - most of these are either 1 or 2 (some 5) minute gestures/sketches - or 30+ minutes:
Practicing color, which is what I think is my biggest weakness.
[Image: dCm8s8c.jpg]

Tried to keep these in the 30-45 minute range.
[Image: 00CbsnN.jpg]
[Image: Co5t5yU.jpg]

And a glob of suck. My chromaphobia has led me to various ways of trying to colorize a black and white image - mainly color balance and or curves with then some vibrance adjustment layers, and then painting opaquely on top. I guess patience is the key though.
[Image: MJW2XPU.jpg?1]