Crimson Daggers — Art forum
The Velvet Revolvers - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: STUDY GROUP (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: PARTNER/GROUP DAILIES (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Velvet Revolvers (/thread-6811.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Eyliana - 02-08-2016

@Trigger; Nice structures. I should do some more of those as well, make them a bit more complicated than just boxes.
I had a question; I read in the chat that you had found a few to deal with off page vanishing points, you have some tips? Perspective tends to shift so easily :/

I did those today, but especially with the last figure the perspective changed.

[Image: untitled_by_eyliana-d9qwfkz.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-08-2016

Keep up the great work Eliana

Todays study while watching the 50th super bowl with my son, plus yesterdays study of a lion.

[Image: TrelSZP.jpg]

[Image: P41Wr0y.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Triggerpigking - 02-09-2016

Eyeliana:Well first I tried to put small bits of blue tack down where the vanishing points would be off page(i've been drawing the station point on page and determining the angles between the two to find the distance between the vanishing points.
However then there's the issue of not being able to tilt the page much, plus it's not gonna work if the station point is'nt on page.
I found a method that apparently works here but I could'nt figure it out, i'm gonna reread it later and try again.
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/130363-Calculating-perspective-for-off-page-vanishing-point
Also seriously cool work with them plane studies, I was strugglign with the tilted ones for a bit.

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-09-2016

todays study, 

Trying a new technique  by Alex Negrea where AO is defined at first then other tones added 

http://mrstimpson.tumblr.com/post/106534555606/artvault-alex-negrea-1-rough-line-art-i.  Thanks Nicoloas  :-)

[Image: KsKv731.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-10-2016

todays study, 

Trying a new technique  by Alex Negrea where AO is defined at first then other tones added 

http://mrstimpson.tumblr.com/post/106534...line-art-i.  Thanks Nicoloas  :-)

[Image: FCdlGIf.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Triggerpigking - 02-10-2016

Eyeliana:Found a way to figure out the off page vanishing points.
I have'nt been able to draw it consistently as I keep getting my measurements off, but it works.
https://www.reddit.com/r/learnart/comments/3bjrht/vanishing_points_off_the_page/

Artistebot:Nice, proportions on the newest one look really good, the colour on the one before that is very off though, the original photo looks a lot more blue I suppose? while your study looks more murky green.

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-11-2016

hey Eyeliana those studies are coming along nicely. curves can be challenging. Thanks for the feedback, i have a long way to go with color :-)

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-11-2016

"Doppelgänger"

Inspired the Hichcock’s Vertigo, secrets revealed by a eerie green light calls into question who she may be...?

Painted on a Surface Pro 2 with Clip Studio Paint.

[Image: v3RaTsh.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-12-2016

Yesterday and todays studies

[Image: HoCccKJ.jpg]

[Image: BUcTOcl.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-14-2016

I painted this while attending the San Jose sharks game tonight with my son. We had a great time, Go Sharks!

[Image: KoPyyM0.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Eyliana - 02-14-2016

@Bot; Good job on the last painting. Especially the reds on her nose and cheek.

Been a bit busy last week, so I didn't get that much work done. But I finished the first painting in the painting class. It's not super tidy, especially the tree. But I learned a lot about colours since they only have yellow, blue, red, white and black. So a lot of mixing and trying to get the colour right.

[Image: 2016_02_08_paintingclass_winter_by_eyliana-d9rjrqh.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Triggerpigking - 02-15-2016

Artistebot:Nice work on the new stylized study, the linework looks a lot better then the previous one.

Eyeliana:Good start on the painted study, it looks quite flat but winter scenes typically do anyway plus you're spending a lot of time to simply get the colours down right, so keep practicing that.

Completely forgot to upload this stuff last week xD.
More perspective studies, and 2 imagination drawings.
i'm having a very difficult time trying to keep something realistic(or even look good) when drawn small, so I redrew it closer up and bigger and it's looking a lot better.
I can see a few issues with the bigger one now though, I made the shoulders waay to big for one. I was also really confused about where the values should go.

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-18-2016

After a terrible late Sunday, I have been dragging my feet on getting anything done this week. Not sure if I will finish this one..

[Image: 5RiZ3dp.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Amit Dutta - 02-18-2016

Hey Artistebot, just had a quick thought. Is there a reason you are sticking to film stills? One of the problem with film is that it is heavily graded and manipulated. It makes for very cinematic and striking images, but sometimes isn't that good if you want to learn basics of light and colour. I'm gonna challenge you to study from life every once in a while. Of course I don't know what your aims are, but I think some diversification in study will help. You don't seem to be pushing the envelope much with these studies.

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-20-2016

(02-18-2016, 05:58 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Hey Artistebot, just had a quick thought. Is there a reason you are sticking to film stills? One of the problem with film is that it is heavily graded and manipulated. It makes for very cinematic and striking images, but sometimes isn't that good if you want to learn basics of light and colour.  I'm gonna challenge you to study from life every once in a while. Of course I don't know what your aims are, but I think some diversification in study will help. You don't seem to be pushing the envelope much with these studies.

Hey Amit, I had a original goal of 100 cinema images, but as I go on, I think my focus has shifted.  I stick to it since I have a directory full of images so I can quickly do an image without much preparation.

I accept your challenge.  :-)

Your suggestion is a great one and I think I will focus more on that, so that I can continue to learn. I have a few objects that I can study from, and thanks to your suggestion, I will post one in a few hours from now.

My goal is to learn 2D painting illustration as well as a bit of story telling and composition. Longer term is to incorporate my 3D skill to help paint from time to time, but only after I can get decent results without it.

Agan a big thank you, I really can use any feedback and challenges to keep going.

Here is yet another cinema study, more a reflection of my week so far...

[Image: 9QjWmZh.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Eyliana - 02-23-2016

Sorry for my absents guys, I haven't had really much time to do studies.

@Trigger; Thanks for the feedback. I like your perspective exercises. Maybe for a bit more challenge; I notice that you make most lines with a ruler. Maybe you can try to draw the cubes and other objects by hand? Once you get better at that, it will save you a lot of time and it is easier to vary line thickness so you can put the attention on the cube instead of the construction lines.

@Bot; How far are you actually with your 100 images? And I was wondering, do you learn more composition/storytelling from the images, as was your goal? Looking forward to see some other studies as well.

This is painting I have been working during the classes. It's a lot bigger then I'm used to, and mixing colours is still a challenge. I think I'll to work a bit on her shoulder and face/expression. Well and a lot of other things, but that are the main problems now.
[Image: untitled_by_eyliana-d9su1tx.jpg]

This is the original:
[Image: Jeanne-Samary-Aka-La-Reverie.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Triggerpigking - 02-24-2016

Eyeliana:Your study did'nt appear, try using the daggers upload system.
about the freehand lines. I might try that, i'm drawing freehand straight lines everyday as a warmup and I figured it might be better to use the ruler so I can focus on learning the perspective techniques in the book though. I'll try it for the objects though.

Few  imagination things and some more perspective studies.

Was'nt happy with the first one, I was struggling with ideas and it got boring to draw after a little while.
Second on is a w.i.p drawing grunkle stan from gravity falls, best american cartoon character I think i've seen.
between the grunkle stan picture and the girl I drew a few days back though, I defineitly have an issue with the shoulder width.

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-24-2016

So glad to see trigger and Eyliana's posts. A master study is a great way to go. Going to do some Zorn soon, for myself..

Here is tonights effort, kinda crummy since I have not had the energy to do anything for about a week.

[Image: HnD9Wmd.jpg]

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - Triggerpigking - 02-25-2016

Neat work dude, is that from imagination or is it a study?

I'm gonna start focusing my imagination drawings onto what i'm currently studying more, so no more characters for a while and instead i'm gonna start drawings some buildings and objects from imagination(or with a bit of ref).

RE: The Velvet Revolvers - artistebot - 02-25-2016

Thanks Trigger. That is a study, I am not skilled enough to invent that yet. :-) Keep up your efforts they are looking great.

Thanks