Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Artloader - Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Artloader - Sketchbook (/thread-7093.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 12-18-2016

Trying a different process but I think it's still not right:

1. Silhouette combined with gesture.
2. Construction.
3. Darkest darks.
4. Dark half tones.
5. Full lights.
6. Blending and painting over the linework.

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Fedodika - 12-18-2016

Good one artloader! Don't forget the back of the head is lumpy and organic

Here check this free, app about skulls it's really useful

http://www.anatomy360.info/skull-sketcher/

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 12-21-2016

@Fedodika: Yeah his head is a bit blocky - good catch mate - thanks :) and WOW that Anatomy 360 site is pretty awesome! How can that skull sketcher be free? Thanks for the link mate - appreciated.

Taking part in Chow Down #1, here's a couple of WIPS:

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 12-23-2016

Since I'm going to be out of action for the next few days, I've completed by piece for Chow Down #1 tonight.

"On the broken world of Dustryon, Princess Tronica Vin is heir to the throne of Vangaia and is a technological genius but she is easily bored.  To get her kicks she takes to the streets of her crime ridden kingdom and indulges in a bit of vigilantism.  Armed with a chainsword of her own design she has taken down some heavy duty baddies already.  What will she do next?"

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - sansReAnne - 12-24-2016

Hey Artloader,
Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook.  Solid anatomy studies, something I should tackle soon.  I wanted to ask how the phone paintings are going?

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 12-27-2016

@sansReAnne: Thanks for stopping by ReAnne :).  I'm afraid not much has happened lately on my phone drawing experiment - I find the only time I have for art is late at night when I have the option of using my Wacom Intuos 3 so I prefer to use that instead of my phone.

Thought I'd get back to doing some gestures - so useful for building up a visual library of poses which helps me to invent more natural looking poses.

I did some 5 min gestures then some 2 min gestures.

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 12-28-2016

Reviewed this blog post on gestures by Michael Hampton and then did some 2 minute gestures:

http://figuredrawingdotinfo.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/how-to-and-gesture-drawing.html

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Abnormal - 12-28-2016

I was reading Johannes (algenpfleger) and as he practiced gestures watching video on youtube and reviewing the book of loomis (pag116. The mechanics of movement XD) then I started practicing that way and it's great, you learn in an efficient way like the Body moves and more insteresting stuff. ^^

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - sansReAnne - 12-30-2016

Ahh that's too bad, I hoped you'd be like "check this out, boom, boom, boom" :) cause I have/had the same problem with drawing on my phone, but yeah I guess it easier to do full renders on the tablet.  One thing I found with the phone though is that its nice for recording colors on the go.  It might not look like anything, but you can get the HSV.

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - slashy - 01-01-2017

Hello Artloader :) !

I see that you're progressing alot in gestures.
Just look at this one:

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=95254

and then on this:

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=95315

I think there's huge difference in plus at the second one and I think you're going on the right direction with it. In the second one, there's alot more dynamism and that's good. You know, I'm not an expert, but maybe I could suggest more "line economy" - I mean by that, try to use one single correct line instead of overlapping few lines. I think it would look even better, because from the first example to the second one I showed you, there's also a difference in line economy, so I think you're aware of it, but I just wanted to highlight this, so you can think about it :)

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 01-07-2017

@Abnormal: Hey thanks mate - that looks like a great way to practice gesture - I will give it a go :).

@sansReAnne: Sorry ReAnne!  I might get back to it at some point and will report on how I get on :).

@Slashy: Thanks for dropping by - yep good call with the line economy - something for me to work on.

In the meantime I made a start on Amit's Environment Design Rocks course with some Notan exercises:

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 01-10-2017

Been working on a lighting study for a book cover.  I'm hoping that I can use the Blender Cycles rendering engine to help me work out lighting schemes.  Here the kettle has a glowing ring on it and there is a campfire behind the camera.

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 01-16-2017

Been pressing on with Amit's EDR course and also keeping up with sketching figures.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=96056]

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - gregorkari - 01-18-2017

Hey Artloader!
I really like your poses and anatomy sketches -- some of them have a really nice flow!
Notan sketches are awesome as well! Keep it going ;)

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - AlexShi - 01-20-2017

Hi!
I like your figure drawings and those abstract compositions!
I've never heard of Blender Cycles rendering engine but it looks very helpful! I also struggle with lighting in my paintings. I liked Color and Light by James Gurney, it helped but I think I'll need to reread it! It's quite famous so you probably have heard of it but if not - give it a try!

Keep up the good work!

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 01-21-2017

@GregorKari: Thanks for dropping by dude, I will do my best to keep it going!

@AlexShi: Thanks :).  Blender is a free 3D modelling and animation program, it is has a great rendering engine that renders light based on real world physics (reflection, refraction, etc.).  If you're interested, you can read more at blender.org.  Yep I bought myself Color and Light for Christmas and intend to put it to good use, thanks for the tip though :).

Finally found some useful art I can do on my phone, notan exercises:

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - Artloader - 01-21-2017

I've been working on a kettle design for my project with my author friend - modeled in Blender:

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - antmora - 01-21-2017

Loving the designs of your compositions. Keep it up!

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - AlexShi - 01-21-2017

Omg Blender! I'm so stupid, I thought the name is Blender Cycles and it's something else.
I have Blender installed on my PC but didn't get around to learning how to use it yet.
I like the kettle! Is it hard to make something like this from scratch?

RE: Artloader - Sketchbook - sansReAnne - 01-23-2017

Aye nice notan exercises ;)
Also I like that half rendered figure in purple, she has a cool sci-fi vibe going on with the exposed construction in her torso.