Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: TOURNAMENTS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-71.html)
+--- Forum: THE CRIMSON CRUCIBLE (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-72.html)
+---- Forum: CRIMSON CRUCIBLE WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-73.html)
+---- Thread: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game (/thread-7352.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - JyonnyNovice - 03-14-2016

Just doodling and scribbling stuff, started off thinking about the different characters and what animal could represent them, then could design them as anthro's in the style of Blacksad comics. Not sure where to take that idea next - maybe a family portrait of one of the houses, but that might be outside of the brief. Will keep working on that one as it seems fun.

The ones below that are just ideas, not composition thumbnails despite the frames, just scribbling

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - BrushNoir - 03-14-2016

Looking at your scribbles you probably are a true GoT follower ^^ good stuff. Got some nice ideas going!

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Piotr Jasielski - 03-14-2016

Wow, that's what you call a brainstorm :)

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Lodratio - 03-14-2016

Your scribbles are pretty funny, and storytelling is always a plus when it comes to getting people intersted in your work. In terms of visual design, the anthromorphed animals might be more interesting.

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Hobitt - 03-14-2016

Great flowchart! some proper planning.

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Eyliana - 03-15-2016

I like your brainstorm and the ideas for the animals you came up with. Curious what you are going to develop futher :)

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - JyonnyNovice - 03-15-2016

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll go with the animal ones, the humorous ones I think aren't really appropriate for this challenge.

Narrowed it down to three possibilities, little finger as a weasal, Tyrion as a lion or Arya as a mongoose.

The Arya one feels more fun to do but probably the hardest one to do a mongoose that looks like her (for me anyway!) Tyrion is probably the easiest one since his face is so leonine already. Once I figure out which one to do I will do many studies of the animal and the actor and figure out how to morph their face into something that resembles the animal, whilst keeping their distinctive features (might be punching above my weight with this plan but lets try!)

Just scribbling stuff still to see if I find some more inspiration:

[Image: SQvZML9.jpg]

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Amit Dutta - 03-15-2016

haha Arya is a bit like a mongoose, character wise I guess! :) Good luck man, let's see where you go with this!

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Hobitt - 03-15-2016

Im very intrested where this will go. looking forward to it!

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - EduardoGaray - 03-16-2016

haha this could be awesome! i really want to see little finger as a racoon.
Edit: i though those little guys were racoons at first haha.

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - JonHop - 03-17-2016

Hey dude, some interesting ideas you've got here, I would suggest going with the hardest idea, the one that will push you the hardest is the one you should be able to learn the most from doing.

Look forward to seeing which ever direction you take this though.

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - JyonnyNovice - 03-19-2016

Sorry I didn't have time to reply last time:

Brushnoir Yea I'm a fan of GoT, usually I remember very little about characters from TV shows but with GoT a lot of stuff sticks
Piotr Thanks! Although I think that's just the start of a brainstorm really, could take it much further!
Lodratio Thanks! Glad they were amusing!
Hobbit Thanks for checking in : )
Eyliana I'm curious too... no idea what's gonna happen next <_>
Amit Yea she is completely mongoose, fighting cobra's twice her size!
Eduardo Thanks! I think those guys with the black around the eyes are not weasels... some kind of prairy dog (thanks for the inaccurate reference google XD)
JonHop Yea you're right, I'll follow that and challenge myself with a hard one.

More research and figuring stuff out. Decided to go with littlefinger as a weasel. In my head I see him standing proudly in his brothel with the rich red's in the background and a couple of feline girls draped over the couch. I wanted to try to caricature his face and morph it into a weasel but keep some of his recognisable features but he either looks too little like a weasel or it's beyond my skill level. So, I will focus on his costume and the environment to make it clear who he is (next step is studying his clothes).

[Image: lQRTUUM.jpg]

(bigger version if you want to read the text here: http://i.imgur.com/flXvkjH.jpg )

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Piotr Jasielski - 03-19-2016

I love it. That pose is great. You might try to add his nasy smirk, it might be not an easy one though. Good luck.

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - smrr - 03-19-2016

Snaaaaaap, Jyonny!

Haha I kinda don't wanna read the captions in your idea panels...
But yeah, I can see you're on to something amazing! Great ideas are everything in art and you got 'em!

Looking forward to where ya take this <3

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - PurpleScissors - 03-19-2016

Very interesting, I think it's the best idea someone has came up with so far and it already resembles Littlefinger. :)

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Berebobe - 03-19-2016

Haha a weasel fits that character so well. I think its important to decide whether you're going for an animal that has human traits or an actual half-human and make design decisions based on that.

Here's some Inspiration

Animal with human traits
http://41.media.tumblr.com/18600e1377ce4d351db0a0cee68d62a8/tumblr_nrhmowFxZq1qk84mgo1_1280.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/16b6457fb4dc15506e229df6f9b39f27/tumblr_nnc58ruNne1qk84mgo1_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/f716ffa18a4e9cd56b454bf22cf03f1c/tumblr_nmvx2qTnLe1qk84mgo1_1280.jpg

Half-human
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Eiwce13X738/SMpbOkyur0I/AAAAAAAADzQ/QsH68EQPC7k/s400/RaccoonMan.w.sm.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/e4/bb/ece4bb895f025f01d49aa5b0b757d28b.jpg
http://www.public.asu.edu/~paulcook/images/JamesGurney/Quozl.jpg

Looking forward to the Final

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - Hobitt - 03-19-2016

James gurney did an entire series of blogposts on animal characters you might want to look it up for some tips.

http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.lt/2008/02/animal-characters-1-anthropomorphic.html

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - JyonnyNovice - 03-21-2016

Piotr Thanks man, you inadvertently made me realise I was going about this in a really long way - trying to design the character as if for a comic or something where I need to draw him over and over, all I need is to get that one key expression and build his head and character for that and I'll be good!
Smrrr Tanks : ) and you can read those, there's no spoilers, just some nonsense from my head.
PurpleScissors Wow what a compliment x.x thanks so much, hopefully my execution can do it justice : )
Berebole Thanks a lot for the inspiration images! Yes I have thought a bit about this - my inspiration is the Blacksad comics, drawn by Juan Diaz Canales - he looked to see what animal a person most resembled and went with that, then did the animal-with-human-traits one (then from shoulders down they are pretty much human).
Hobit Thanks for the link, it was really interesting!

Man feel like I've been totally slacking on this - well I know I have been slacking. Not too much time left and still a lot to do. Would've liked to spend more time on figuring out the character very precisely but I think I will use what I've done as a base reference and get all the details worked out in the final drawing - I've broken it down to the key features of what makes a weasel a weasel and what's distinctive about littlefinger, hopefully those notes and my research drawings will be enough to get something good done.

Looked at the background too, I love the colours on that page, definitely feeling good about that.

Next step is few more studies of feline girls to put in the background then onto thumbnailing the composition!

[Image: qGnHSGm.jpg]

[Image: qsMBlEb.jpg]

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - JyonnyNovice - 03-22-2016

Figuring out the look of the girls with a few studies. Moving onto thumbnails now.

[Image: Fosnyq5.jpg]

RE: Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game - crackedskull - 03-22-2016

hahaa a weasel littlefinger, looking forvard to seeing the finished version :D

Also I like some of the earlier ideas like doomsayer Ned Stark and Lannister losing 5 dollars.