Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Vandrake's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Vandrake's sketchbook (/thread-7657.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - RottenPocket - 03-31-2022

Hey Genesis!
The last lighting study is very interesting - the subtle shifts in colour are well done showing the translucency of the skin.
You have no issue with volume and range of subject matter I always see you posting, the impression of each character and scene comes across straight away, but just leaving a comment to say I think you would benefit greatly from considering the structure of forms more before rendering images completely.

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 03-31-2022

(03-31-2022, 04:04 AM)RottenPocket Wrote: Hey Genesis!
The last lighting study is very interesting - the subtle shifts in colour are well done showing the translucency of the skin.
You have no issue with volume and range of subject matter I always see you posting, the impression of each character and scene comes across straight away, but just leaving a comment to say I think you would benefit greatly from considering the structure of forms more before rendering images completely.

thanks for the comment and the tip, I will be practicing many things, I will practice the forms between them

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 03-31-2022

[Image: estudiocaraspsd.jpg]

Eyes and mouth study

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - darktiste - 03-31-2022

This look great but don't forget to put the feature together to practice proportion and form once you feel you got the hang of each individual feature.

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-01-2022

[Image: lulu72.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-05-2022

[Image: tristana72.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-07-2022

[Image: estudioestatua2.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - darktiste - 04-07-2022

I recommend you to keep working on observing value.You got a good range of those darker tone but you need more lighter tone on the cheek,nose and forehead for example.

For proportion you gave him a longer face but it still pretty great in term of level of detail you manage to catch.

To reduce proportion issue try to slow down and take your time and remember to alternate between observation, questioning and drawing.

Also congratulation on doing studies to balance the personal project.

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-08-2022

Thanks! i'll be alternating between studies and personal works

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-08-2022

[Image: estudiobusto2.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - darktiste - 04-08-2022

I recommend you put the value study on hold and work more on improving your proportion.Because value are good but if you want to really capture what you observe you need the proportion to be a lot thigher.You are not doing bad you generally get the likeness but they look like the character in an alternate universe they don't look yet close enough to be very hard to differentiate.

What is good to understand is most of the drawing is accomplish is actually during the sketching phase you can't really fix proportion issue later on because the early error in propotion pile up and thing eventually start to get corrupt by the initial mistake so this is why it very important to be really conscious not to commit to early to value but pay respect to the sketch eventually you won't even need a sketch really you will be able to visualize if you learn how to properly.

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-11-2022

I did this character for practice but the anatomy dont looks so good, so i did studies and sketches to improve and do it good in another painting, i leave here the painting and the studies

[Image: goblinpaizo72.jpg]

[Image: estudiosgoblin.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-11-2022

Revisited version

[Image: goblinpaizo272.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-12-2022

[Image: estudioescultura3.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-12-2022

[Image: cocinero72.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-13-2022

[Image: estudiobrazo.jpg]

RE: Vandrake's sketchbook - GenesisVandrake - 04-13-2022