Crimson Daggers — Art forum
J.R.Hollis - Postin it - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: J.R.Hollis - Postin it (/thread-8282.html)

J.R.Hollis - Postin it - J.R.Hollis - 06-13-2017

Hey, I'm gunna post here now.

RE: J.R.Hollis - Postin it - J.R.Hollis - 06-13-2017

S'more

RE: J.R.Hollis - Postin it - tinDeer - 06-14-2017

Welcome J.R.Hollis!
I like the idea with the bell tower ghoul, and how you executed it. He really does look pretty scary.
But I was wondering, what was the exercise when you did those sets of islandy-landscapes? Was it to look at the photo and think off more places that might be around? If so, I think that sounds super fun, and I like the sketches you did either way.

RE: J.R.Hollis - Postin it - J.R.Hollis - 06-30-2017

(06-14-2017, 03:56 PM)tinDeer Wrote: Welcome J.R.Hollis!
I like the idea with the bell tower ghoul, and how you executed it. He really does look pretty scary.
But I was wondering, what was the exercise when you did those sets of islandy-landscapes? Was it to look at the photo and think off more places that might be around? If so, I think that sounds super fun, and I like the sketches you did either way.
Hey, tinDeer!

Thanks for the compliment, and the exercise is off of ctrl+Paint.

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/imaginary-landscape-thumbnails

Using this method helps me break the Greyscale slump I get in when I create a color pallet and make thumbnails to pick from when trying to develop a full image. I still find it difficult working in pure color on a blank canvas, even in oils where I work in sepia first.

Here is some more, I would paint more but I need to get a personal computer to continue.

RE: J.R.Hollis - Postin it - J.R.Hollis - 06-30-2017

S'more