Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Jones Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Jones Sketchbook (/thread-911.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-05-2013

Been doing some colors studies lately, starting straight up with color...damn its pretty challenging. better do more.

I'm having the most trouble with coming up with stuff to paint after I'm done my studies. Might have to try giving myself pre-planned assignments or something, that way I have more time to think about what I'm going to draw.

anyway color studies and mindless sketches just going with the flow.

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - ramalooke - 03-05-2013

Goood, good, improving, improving <3 Just keep up those studies. You'll be fineeee

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-07-2013

Thanks Ramalooke,

Some more mma color studies. color's sure can be deceiving D: and a challenge to blend. Also I'm excited about the bloodsports 13! already done some early sketches to figure out what I'm going to do.

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-08-2013

Was one of those days today filled with self doubt. I think with the MMA color studies I'm having some issues because I'm worrying about the small area's of color rather then the large planes, Going to try working from the larger planes to small in the morning with the next one.

Also working out some idea's for this bloodsports, excited to push myself for this.

[Image: Aliensmoker.gif]

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - NickHuddleston - 03-09-2013

Really love the stuff you got going on here, keep up the good work, when you get a min can you give mine a look http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - CoreyH - 03-09-2013

Cool stuff man. I suggest this a lot, but only because it's helped me so much, get your hands on Michael Hamptons book and really study how he describes 'forms'. Even though his book focuses on human anatomy, it lays and amazing foundation for all art. Keep it up man, working hard!

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - atrenr - 03-09-2013

Looking good, Jones. Keep grinding.

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 03-09-2013

Nice studies man, keep it up :D
Havent been here in a while, nice progress!

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Joe777k7 - 03-09-2013

Wow great work and thanks alot for stopping by my sketchbook! And for the add on facebook! :) Looked through your sketchbook, really great progresss! Cant wait to see more!! :)

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-10-2013

NickHuddleston - Thank's for the comment, checked yours out and left you a comment.

Corza334 - Thanks for the suggestion, I was actually looking to get it. Checked it out on amazon but it was 65$ here in Canada, maybe I'll pick it up eventually if I can find it cheaper and have some extra cash.

artenr - Thanks man, will do :)

Ursula Dorada - thanks!

Joe777k7 - Thanks!, and no problem you've got an awesome sketchbook!

Mostly quick stuff this update :s

So I went ahead and I tried opaquely blocking in the large areas first with the MMA color study, came out so much nicer, and then the the last one was pretty rushed. Working on getting the designs down for bloodsports so I can get started on figuring out a composition. I gotta slow down though, I feel like I'm trying to rush everything so I can get it done in time, even though there's plenty left lol.

and my two favorite designs are the second in each row, I might mix and match them a bit or something. Let me know what you guys think.

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-13-2013

Some recent stuff a few study's and a weird 5am sketch. Swapping out the MMA studies for still lifes now. Spent 2 hours on the one in this post.

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-14-2013

Just today's 2 hour still life to post for now, perspective of the coins look pretty messed up. I've been mostly working on the characters for my bloodsports illustration, I think I'm happy with them now. Time to move on and figure out a composition and background, I haven't done much illustration stuff before so I've got a lot of work ahead of me Nervous smile, ahehe

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - BenFlores - 03-14-2013

huge improvements man ! your colors are looking sexy

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - pnate - 03-14-2013

Keep up the hard work! You're doing great

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - JakeB - 03-14-2013

Nice work dude, the still lifes look great. I can never paint spoons lol, good job :)

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-15-2013

BenFlores - Thanks Ben!

Pnate - Thanks Man

JakeB - Thanks Jake, & spoons are tough, can't seem to get them completely right myself

---

Some more stuff, having a hell of a hard time figuring out a composition for the Bloodsports illustration, giving myself until tomorrow evening to choose one and get started on the final thing.

Quick sketch before bed while listening to the cannibal holocaust soundtrack...disturbing ass movie

first comp exploration sketches

choosing a few I liked

Narrowing it down and making alterations. Still not sure what I want for the final though

My time warrior, might finish this later but for now It will just help me with the illustration.

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-24-2013

Some more stuff Happy Did a long portrait study, I think I spent around 7 hours. Trying to learn how to push things further. Also some crummy sketches D: got to spend more time on imagination stuff.

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - JonHop - 03-24-2013

Whoa! Your colours are getting great! The 7 hours you spent on that portrait study really paid off, awesome piece. Keep it up!

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 03-25-2013

Thanks Jon :) It really did, I learned how to push things a bit further which is great.

Another color study spent around 2 hours on it. started straight up with color this time rather then greyscale. Also a fatty sketch from tonight, Applying some of what I've learned. spending longer on stuff and it feels good, seeing better results too Happy

RE: Jones's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 04-16-2013

It's been too long, Wasn't drawing for a little bit. Trying to improve my edges and values right now. For the most part I've been drawing with pencils though, it's a nice change, Feel's like I can get stuff down much faster.

I need to work on my accuracy though, as well as using less brush strokes. I spend way to long going back and forth on a painting trying to get certain things look right, rather then trying to get it right the first time.