Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Jones Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Jones Sketchbook (/thread-911.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 04-28-2015

thanks dudes.

----

blehghpiaafsfafkmnsdfnsdfdf :(

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Archreux - 04-29-2015

Hey, really great work in the more recent pages. Those anatomy studies are looking better and better with every post. It's definitely showing through in your work as well.

I was reading your post in regard to getting better, and it's definitely important to remember that while it's perfectly healthy to be critical of ourselves, especially when we do not have those around us who are readily available to be critical for us, that it is important to find the joy in all of this. The hunger and thirst for more should always be there, just as long as it is not becoming detrimental to progress.

Anyways, as far as critique is concerned, try to focus more on your color/value separation. At the moment things are just a little muddy. As a good example, the girl with the axe on the last page has some really clean and clear separation of these elements. It's really clean, and has a good read. As opposed to the guy on the boar, he currently has a lot of muddied colors and values that don't translate very well at the moment.

Hope this is of some use, man. I'll be looking forward to the next update. :]

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 04-29-2015

Thanks dude! definitely see what you mean thanks for the example. Was struggling with the boar dude today and just decided to go back a few steps to greyscale and try and work the value separation out a little better. still a gotta work on it.

---

nunununuh todays haul

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 04-30-2015

worked on designs for a t shirt all day, don't wanna show em quite yet but soon.

pooped out, will have more personal stuff tomorrow.

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-01-2015

bluh some costume studies and sketches/experiments with rendering and stuff and a dumb old sketch. I'm so sick of the regular stuff I draw. Even though I love barbarians and stuff I need a break D:

Been looking into trying to finding some new sources of inspiration to pull from.

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-02-2015

boopity

oh god. It's May.....I turn 21 on the 17th....I remember when I wanted to be pro by the time I was 20....................

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-03-2015

blughg

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-04-2015

Nother vampire chick...actually really like this drawing! :D might paint it. I wanna draw sexy vampire chicks all day every day right now.

Also gonna butcher the shit out of this boar rider guy, just not working so I gotta make some changes.

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonas Jerde - 05-04-2015

your designs are definitely improving, good job. for the vampire chick, I feel like something in her face/shoulder area should change. Right now it looks like a normal woman with these super long arms and legs. I thinking changing up the anatomy/proportions to fit along with the arms would make it look cooler imo.

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-06-2015

Thanks man. I definitely see what your saying, I sort of like it though, perhaps I could just shorten the arms and legs to better fit instead like you said.

--

[Image: 9E6swiB.png]

allowing my chakra to refuel, gonna sketch/doodle a lot.

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-07-2015

I think I've gotta do painted studies again daily. Been slacking on em. Needa keep improvilin!

Also just felt like drawin sailor moon...dont ask why.

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-08-2015

bluhg was busy today

RE: Jones Sketchbook - smrr - 05-08-2015

I love what I've been seeing lately from you! That vampire chic looks sick and that study of that woman's face is gorgeous! Really, really just <3

But hey, Jones, if you ever feel you're starting to burn out (reading what you said about feeling sick about what you regularly paint) don't be afraid to take a day or two off <3 sometimes ye old brain just needs time to absorb all this new found information (though I'm sure you know this)

Also, with your sketchy drawings - shading in your values as if you're painting forms goes a long way ;D don't forget to wrap around and really think of the materials you're rendering and take your time if you have to

take what you will from my thoughts! \\//,,

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-09-2015

Thanks Steph! I took it a little easier for a few days and it really did help a lot. Still gotta get back in full throttle though. Really haven't been doing the best I can for awhile now. Thanks for the advice on shading, I'm gonna try that out!

RE: Jones Sketchbook - smrr - 05-17-2015

Jonessss! Here down under, it's your mother effing Bdayayay!

Have a groovy song 'till I can draw good enough to make you something cool and shiz:

Have a great one man, you have definitely earned it!

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Heliux - 05-18-2015

^ <3

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 05-27-2015

Ahhhh thanks guys! Sick song Steph!

RE: Jones Sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 05-28-2015

duude, the last one is killer, specially around the helmet/breastplate area.

RE: Jones Sketchbook - nymph0 - 06-01-2015

Man, the last one is so awesome!!

RE: Jones Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 06-06-2015

Thanks guys means a lot! Pushed that one further then usual, Trying to do that more often now :D

----

Mostly some quicker stuff - I've got longer things in the works.

Also some rough prelims for a shirt, then the final shirt. Which is for sale for 6 more days :D:D:D:D if you like it get one yo! 50% profits go to yours truly. <3 Was pretty tough to meet color limits and simplify, but I learned a ton!

http://teespring.com/twitch/runescape-tree-slayer

Also funny story,

I went into a store to buy magic cards, girl asked if I knew about this tournament thing. Told her I dont play I'm actually an illustrator that wants to work for magic eventually. Wide eyed she said "Your the coolest perosn to ever buy magic cards here" :D

[Image: 1IgAlUl.jpg]