Crimson Daggers — Art forum
JonHop's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: JonHop's Sketchbook (/thread-951.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - Sir-lex - 09-11-2014

You got some interesting drawings/paintings!
I would recommend to put more hard edges in your paintings, they look too smooth (in my opinion).
But overall your drawings/paintings look really nice, keep it up!

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - smrr - 09-23-2014

Those reptile sketches are the freaking bomb man--!

Also, have a Happy Birthday Jon! Keep working smart, and looking forward to your next updateeeee :)

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JyonnyNovice - 09-24-2014

It's your birthday? Happy birthday dude! Sweet drawings, as always! (sorry I haven't commented recently, not much to say other than they're awesome ^^)

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 10-05-2014

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate it! Sorry for the late reply and update, I have to be more active updating (and doing more work haha, been slacking a lot lately). Anyway this one was something for me,, gonna do a few of these as samples as might be able to get some work with a retro game store that opened up in my area recently and the owner wants to see some known characters :).

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 10-05-2014

Quick one for inktober!

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 10-14-2014

haha that last sketch is so bad... but nvm ill leave it. Anyway second known character donkey kong!

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 10-17-2014

wip super mario

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JyonnyNovice - 10-18-2014

Hey man, the paintings are looking good, just seem to lack a bit of shine - they seem a bit kinda 'matte' at the moment. If that's what you're going for disregard this but some more / brighter shiny spots - like in donkey kong's hair maybe. Could push the saturation too around the brighter areas.

Keep it up man!

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 10-24-2014

Thanks for the crit Jyonny appreciate the feedback dude and has been duly noted!

update on the mario illustration...almost done

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 10-27-2014

Calling it on this one, doesnt need the linework anymore so if I ever want to come back and make it into a painting I dont think it would take long, but my intention was for it to be finished with the lines still visible.

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - ramalooke - 10-28-2014

Heey Jon it's nice to still see you around posting. Been a while since I looked at your stuff. Some nice improvements going on here. Keep at it ;3 Cheers

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JyonnyNovice - 10-29-2014

Mario is looking cool with that hard light to dark transition around the top of his dungarees, I think that was what felt off about Donkey Kong, too softly blended all over. Mario's eyes sort of bother me a bit tho, they look more realistic than cartoony but there's no eyelids, makes it look like he's eaten one mushroom too many!

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 11-13-2014

@Rama, thanks man

@Jyonny haha yeah it does lol thanks for the crit

character concept. On to the next one.

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 12-15-2014

The hero

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - Bookend - 12-15-2014

Haha, wow, that sure is a cute little dude. I love the design behind it-- Very interesting. You've got a unique style that I like. Keep bringing out this hard work. :) Maybe do some more studies, and then juxtaposition study with imagination. See how that helps. :D!

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - Vicianus - 01-04-2015

You made a ton of progress since you started here! Nice job getting your edges and rendering under control.

Try to think more about shape language and silhouette, your line work/graphic design elements seem to be your weakest point at the moment.

RE: JonHop's Sketchbook - JonHop - 04-16-2015

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it.

Villain to go with the hero character animation series.