![]() |
|
Feeglesnorp's Finishments - Printable Version +- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum) +-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html) +--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html) +---- Forum: PORTFOLIO/FINISHED WORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-11.html) +---- Thread: Feeglesnorp's Finishments (/thread-9922.html) |
Feeglesnorp's Finishments - Feeglesnorp - 10-09-2026 Here I will delicately place two pictures I completed before getting here. I made these to practice rendering and colours and composition and what not, so you might be able to notice a disparity in confidence between the line art/figures and the other elements at play. I also think my computer monitor might have it's gamma setting boosted so my rendering attempts trend in the over-dark direction. I did set out to make dark compositions here, but I wanted to maintain visual interest/clarity too! ![]() This ↑ was my first time playing with the filters in CSP, you can see how I got excited with the blurring and warping! It is a pretty simple drawing, part of my process here was forcing myself to let go and make haste! ![]() There were several effects I had set out to implement in this image that fell flat! At some point I gave up on logic and started doing stuff cause it looked cool. Initially I intended to have this midair fiend backlit by the full moon with all the dramatic contrast that composition demands, but then I thought to add a diffused underlight akin to trail cam footage. Unfortunately I was too married to my nice line work and form to really follow through with these ideas and so it ended up caught in this uncanny in-between place where the light is nonsensical and the rendering on the body looks more like an infra-red heat map. I can't explain the colour choices, I think I mostly harvested them from the posterized clouds I foraged from google. I still like this drawing, as strange as it is. The subject matter here can be loosely explained by my historical proclivity for drawing skeletons or skeletal ghouls/creatures, which has left strange skill gaps where I struggle/don't think to draw clothes... I am working to overcome this, because I see how it can introduce unintentionally off-putting vibes into my drawings!! But in the meanwhile we're all gonna be stuck with ribs and sinews RE: Feeglesnorp's Finishments - darktiste - 10-09-2026 If you like bone you could certainly create cloth that incorporate them or even have somewhat there shape language if fold is something that you avoid you can also go for more stiff fabric but in the end your not just trying to avoid dealing with thing that can actually bring more to your work and limiting yourself should be done not because of leak of ability but as an artistic choose that actually serve the narrative. What would be a super hero without is flowing cape... or maybe a dancer without it specific robe that accentuate the style of there dancing. You don't need cloth to create rhythm but if you want a more complex character they can help to establish alot about the character taste & culture etc. |