Is this all a big joke? (stir crazy)
(kinda srs kinda not)

I don't know how serious of a post this is, but it's something i think about from time to time. I come from a place where people with ambitions, especially in creative fields, are essentially non-existent. So while i've been sitting here in my room practicing for 10+ hrs each day since like may of last year I started wondering about some things.

Like does this industry really exist? Are you typing avatars with names just figments of my imagination? I've had a mentor and sometimes i wonder if she's real. Does she really work in the industry, or is the industry real? And this professional level stuff, when i reach it will anyone care? Will i have just done all this work for nothing is my main concern. well at least i'll have some nice drawings to hang on my wall while i work at a fast food joint or sth.

But at the same time i miss a social life, though i've never had one; I'd like to know what one is haha. If i were comfortable, what would i be getting back too? Being even more alone in my own place? Are there other places in the world, really? Will someone online really pay me for my art some day? Is sex real? Hehe, i need
to get out more, but i don't really know what that means :).

Either this is all gonna work out or it's just a really mean joke!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
THOSE THOUGHTS LOL!
IT MEANS KEEP DRAWING XD

But srsly, I feel you with most of what you wrote dude haha. Mostly last year though, not so much this year... which means I need I draw more lmao \( ^ 3^)/

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
A circus performer once told me, "With show business, if you can see yourself doing -anything- else, do that instead."

Can you see yourself satisfied in any other profession?

I could make a living as a cook, or I could have stuck with programming, but I eventually wound up studying what I always knew I would - Literature.
I was never going to be satisfied doing anything else. My Dharma, my truth, is storytelling.

What is your Dharma? With it you'll find your answer.
I think the times now are very promising for artists who happen to live in cultures and countries where creative field is not strong. You can get your name and work out on the internet, via the ever multiplying art communities that are visited by industry professionals. When you're physically on your own, it gets hard, but know that in a hard situation is greater chance to be stronger. Yeah but it's still hard, like right now. You're right, and you gotta keep studying. "When your ambition can't be supported by your skills yet, it's time to keep your head down and keep studying/practicing."

Social life is fleeting, dream like, and leaves you with just as much. If you're concerned about your people skill, take up a customer service job (preferably close by, or even part time, so you have time to practice art).

Above all, don't give up, come to communities like this for a hand. None of us can stand alone forever.

Focus.
Hi Fedodika,
You are young. It is always good to question things when you are young. Rest assured that there is a creative industry in existence, and that there are MANY people employed in said industry. If you don't believe me, then check out the credits on any effects movie released in the last six months( and that just covers film-related jobs).
To answer your other major question; no one will care when you reach a professional level, except you, because it will mean you can do what you love for a living. No one celebrates when a carpenter or a stone mason becomes a professional, so why should an artist/designer/creative be any different?
This brings up something else about working in your desired field: mainly that it is WORK. It is not some kind of fairy-tale existence. You will be required to perform on demand and in a certain amount of time; like any other job. The difference will be that you LOVE doing what you are being paid to do, and you will be good at it.
Draw because you love it, not because you are trying to see what you MIGHT get out of it in the future. The passion you have for it will show through and allow you to get work as you get better. To use the carpenter analogy again: nobody builds shitty cabinets and bookshelves in the hopes of being a famous woodworker someday. They hone their craft on smaller more practical projects, while learning from more experienced professionals, until they are at a level where complex projects can be accomplished professionally. The difference is that their love of the work fuels their perseverance to become a true professional.
Basically, the main thing I'm trying to say is that: if you don't love what you are doing now, you won't love it when/if you are "successful". Having a social life won't fix things either way( but you should try to get out and talk to people for your own sanity's sake). Go to life drawing classes at your local art student's league/art school, or to local plein air meets or drawing jams, to work on being more social.
Based on your sketchbook here, I would say you need to spend more time working on very carefully observed drawings of things in real life. By that I mean using a pencil and paper and observing and drawing things in actual reality, not some goolge searched images. It will do wonders for your draftsmanship and observational abilities, which will in turn help your imaginative stuff.
Don't feel disheartened, there are plenty of jobs for creative professionals. Use this time to get better, but don't just count hours. Consider the quality of your studies and whether you truly love what it is you want to do for a living. Hope this helps in some way.

J

-Sketchbook-
"... for drawing is a thinking person's art." - Walt Stanchfield.