Sketchbook
Thanks man, that's great to hear! You're right, most of these are not even close to finish. When I make my next folio, I'll have to polish everything twice or it'll still be rough. Detailing is just so tedious D: The part when the idea is there and you have to sculpt the major forms out is what I love the most, so when it's just a study I usually stop right after that... Seems like I'll have to get really good at making nice marks & brushstrokes to make up for the skipped detailing phase :D

(12-07-2015, 08:55 PM)Jan Kloidt Wrote: Thanks man, that's great to hear! You're right, most of these are not even close to finish. When I make my next folio, I'll have to polish everything twice or it'll still be rough. Detailing is just so tedious D: The part when the idea is there and you have to sculpt the major forms out is what I love the most, so when it's just a study I usually stop right after that... Seems like I'll have to get really good at making nice marks & brushstrokes to make up for the skipped detailing phase :D

Haha, I have the exact same problem!  Grin  To take it to the next level, I like to have music, or more preferably, some type of talk on youtube, going on in the background so that I can keep focused, yet at the same time I don't get bored.

Also--  You were the one who recommended Scott Robertson, right? Grin

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Aye, he's the best.

mostly arms

Attached Files Image(s)

Woah dude, lines are tight, I'd love to see some rough gestures of yours!

Keep up the good work! Lots to learn form your sketchbook :)

First update in 2016 :D didnt post for a long time, so here's a bunch. I started a personal project some time ago; these pencil sketches are sort of the pre-production for that. the ones with a little "x" next to them will be re-drawn in digital for fixing mistakes, streamlining, coloring and general polishing. The project will be a major part of my new folio so i'll make sure they look nice.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh and I think I forgot to post these, too :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome designs man love it.

Beastly work Jan. Some really fantastic design and shape language and ideas. Keep it uuuuuuuup!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
thanks guys :3

Oh man! I just watch the whole thread! I really dig you linework! Loving the arm studies too!
Thanks Laco!
Here's a little fanart WIP thingie inbetween all the design madness to keep me sane

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice design work. I love all the design.

About your last WIP, Awesome perspective but I have the feeling it´s a bit off on the guy. It feels like he wants to sit up, but I have the feeling is leaning slightly forward. I think his back is ok, but that the head is shifted forward. Maybe it helps :)

heh, thanks :D also, it's a girl :D (motoko kusanagi from gits)

Neat designs & linework Jan :)
are you using mech pencils?

Hey Prabu, thanks! yeah i'm using a mech pencil at the moment but my main reason for it is that i dont want to deal with all that garbage on my table when i'm sharpening a wooden one...
here's an update on the GITS fanart thing

Attached Files Image(s)

HOOOOOOOOOOOLY WTFBALLS---!

Jan, you're a fCUKING MACHINEEEEEEEEEASDSD!!

Ahem*
Pardon my French, but how the hell Jesus did you do this in one night you crazy bastard?!

procrastination piece or not, I'm much excite
In love In love In love
[Image: p4AH0mN.gif]
-- p.s. you already know about how I feel about your worlllllld designs etccc *swoon* etc 
let's get it bruh!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
smrr, you kawaiii little bastard-ina :D
mariyan, thanks a lot!

another update, experimenting around! made a palet and stuck to it

Attached Files Image(s)

another update...  put way too much time into it at this point i feel -.- just way too ambitious to begin with.. so i'll probably just quit it here, but i still learned a lot

Attached Files Image(s)

No dont quit it! try to push it to the most finished state you can, perhaps this is will be so out of your comfort zone you will earn even more!