Axrel's Sketchbook
@chubbycat
Thanks! I'm glad to be back :)
@Lodratio
Thanks!

Here's a 3 hour graphite figure drawing I did at the Conservatory in Seattle (Cynthia Sheppard did an amazing painting today- I think she'll post it on social media eventually, so if she does, go check it out!). The model was from the marines and part Native American (Cayuse/Nez Perce, Apache/Comanche decent).

These are some studies I did earlier today... sorry for the weird tilt!

And finally, here's a character doodle I did from imagination.

Here's a 3 hour graphite drawing I did today... I definitely should have spent more time on the block-in since there are some proportion issues.

I also did some hand studies in my sketchbook (I've been experimenting a lot more in my sketchbook with various mediums and mark-making).

cloud studies to prepare for a new illustration. :) I will post the thumbnails and color comps for it sometime this week.

and here's some doodles from today

Ooh I really like how you painted that woman's face in #21! The edges add a lot of character to the face!

(02-01-2017, 07:22 PM)gregorkari Wrote: Ooh I really like how you painted that woman's face in #21! The edges add a lot of character to the face!

Thanks! :) I like how it turned out as well!

Quick thumbnails for my illustration.

And here's a WIP for my color comps

studies

Those last thumbnails are gorgeous, the overall mood and the color palette r looking good! Tho I think the character's shillouette could be more clean and dont forget that the difference between the character's and the environment's value ranges should be apparent :з
Hey!
Very nice studies! Specially the hands.
I love the cloud ones, the textures and colors are very interesting.
The character doodle is very cool. Maybe you can explore more like that!

Keep up the hard work!
@vennsomn
Thanks! Ya the character does need to be more readable :) I tried to mix the body of the character and the clouds together for some of them, but it looks a bit confusing. Thanks for the suggestion!

@VoodooMama
Thanks! I will :D

Thanks for stopping by! :D

why do all the peeps make me feel like a lazy potato! xD

Keep it up man :D
Love the native american pencil sketch! <3

@SweatiestDegree
No problem! Thanks, you too! :D

@Nowio
Thank you!

Love your pencils, the lines are so energetic and full of life *.*

@NoodleInbox
Thanks! :)

Sketching while playing board gamess

Woah sick sketches! The faces are so delicately captured with such fluid lines.. loving it. I need more
@vennsomn
Thanks! :D I'll post as much as I can!

Nice sketches!

@imPhelikz 
Thanks!
Really quick color study of my sleeping friend (10-15 minutes I think)

looking good, really nice colors!