Legion CC2 WIP
Took me a while to get something together for this, but I'm planning a lot of studies, and got some comps in, though very rough still. I'm going with the second option, having the moon presence rising out of the blood pool. Probably leaning toward the last comp I got so far. Gothic Cathedral scene with dudes or monsters standing between the pillars. Hopefully it can gain some momentum.

Attached Files Image(s)

Stoked! Color choices look beautiful!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(04-09-2016, 12:22 AM)John Wrote: Stoked! Color choices look beautiful!
Thanks buddy!
Thought I might try to design a few monsters for this. Haven't don much of that before, but was really fun. I feel like I'm getting somewhere with the comps, but still not sure which ones to take further. Really need to indicate more.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool studies but make sure to decide on the composition and the designs! Looking forward to more.

I like the composition with the dome, the lighting is going to look great in it
keep it up !
Thats some interesting shape design you've got. Good start!

I didn't know you were struggling with the compositions. I, judging by what you posted, didn't feel like you were. You make it look easy to tell you the truth!

When I'm in a composition pickle, I look for things beyond the topic (Bloodborne), yet with similar sensibilities..

For example: I look at Magic the Gathering cards! There are times they had to demonstrate a huge characters, and it's a wealth of solutions on how they solve that problem. Like the Gatewatch cards, I look at them very often. http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/arc...egatewatch

Here's to hoping you get off that composition rut you're in! I am super excited in seeing your updates!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Really helps with the motivation part.

@Hobitt    Yeah, I've narrowed things down quite a bit so there's not so many choices hanging over me. Will post tonight hopefully. Thanks!

@Nada_H    Thanks! I was partial to that one too. I've used that idea with a few of the other comps, definitely will be in the final.

@Adam Lina   Thanks buddy! Not really sure what I'm doing as far as design, but it doesn't hurt to experiment and learn along the way.

@John   Wow, thanks for that resource! I had to stop myself from spending too much time looking through those. I'll definitely be referencing that frequently.
Here is where I'm at with the monster designs and working up the comps. I chose the bottom 3 to try out as far as the monsters go, and definitely going with that dome cathedral type room with the top windows for the setting. Still working on some Pillar studies and designs, as well as some other studies. I'm going to tackle that perspective bear soon, and put some line work in the comps so I know whats going on!

Attached Files Image(s)

I do like the middle comp with a moon in sight. altough i think the brief mentions underground labyrinth ,but i think some artistic liberties can be taken, experiment with camera angles you may never know what kind of interesting composition can result in that.

(04-12-2016, 02:20 PM)Hobitt Wrote: I do like the middle comp with a moon in sight. altough i think the brief mentions underground labyrinth ,but i think some artistic liberties can be taken, experiment with camera angles you may never know what kind of interesting composition can result in that.
Damn, I totally forgot that. Maybe I can make it a mural on the dome ceiling with a small hole shining light through the center. I'll have to play with that and the camera angles. Thanks for the reminder. I need to do better about remembering stuff like that.
OK, so I did another round of comps after checking with the brief. Went with a slightly different direction, and tried to make the pose and lighting dynamic. I settled on this comp, and did some pillar studies. Pretty sure I'm going to use the green and gold in the scene. Lastly tried to refine the design and get some statue ideas going.

Attached Files Image(s)

Started moving forward with this one, and doing some material studies so everything looks, hopefully, good. Still working a few things out.

Attached Files Image(s)

A small update, still quite a few things to do/fix. I'm planning to put some robed dudes inbetween the pillars somewhere, or maybe just one dude, not sure yet.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh wow, really liking this.

Thanks BrushNoir, glad you like it!
Guess I'll post the final here too. I feel like I made some improvements from the first challenge, but definitely a ton of things I see i need to work on. I feel like the pool lacks depth, and i was trying to do more with the architecture, but maybe the piece got a bit cluttered. Will hopefully do better in the next CC.

Attached Files Image(s)