Soluxos' art journey
Rainbow 
Hi people!
My name's Céline, I'm 17 years old and I'm an aspiring concept artist/ illustrator. I mostly do 2D art ut since I'm attending a game art study next schoolyear I'm going to dip my toes into 3D as well [:

This is my first time posting here. I discovered Crimson Dagger a long time ago but always forgot to upload my art :p Some of you might know me as The Night Knight at the Cubebrush forums.

Let's kick off this sketchbook with some studies and original art. Some are old, some are more recent.

Still life paintings

[Image: ja3UZHD.png][Image: KLphf9g.png][Image: aBec23u.png][Image: tFFWArf.png]

Random studies

[Image: 0bfmdsu.png]
[Image: QTbICGw.png]
[Image: C2HlnGE.png]
[Image: 3uuMHT1.png]
[Image: W9A6yYm.png]
[Image: evups4V.png]

Original art

[Image: UiQdRks.png]

Next schoolyear I'll be attending a game artist study. The first year is mostly focussed on 3D and since I'm more a 2D person, it's difficult to get used to the new software. But I'm going to close that skillgap this summer by setting up fun projects :D

[Image: QaegMQI.png]

[Image: gXfh594.png]
[Image: A4XTKfI.png]

Lysandra is the protagonist for my IP im developing. I still have lots to do but at least i made a first step. I'm planning to paint her too after some studies about metal, drapery and hair (: I have lots of design process for her to share, I'll do that in my next post.

[Image: KMdDrgU.png]

[Image: lX6WbFX.png]
[Image: LzIExzl.png]
[Image: GRLSZvE.png]

[Image: 0NnVjmI.png]
[Image: P07pBs2.png]
Welcome to The Crimson Daggers Soluxos (or should I say Céline?).

Wow what a way to start of your sketchbook - awesome work and it looks like you've already got some great study habits (I love your study notes).

Keep posting - looking forward to more from you :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

@Artloader Soluxos,  Céline, both is fine by me :p And thank you very much! Well lately I've been really slacking though, anxiety and procrastination keep kicking in :/

Art stuffs incoming~

Studies

Crappy still lifes I did. I'm trying to paint these within a time limit, this time an hour. Buuut I feel like by doing that I can't get as much art juice from it, so next time I give myself more time.

[Image: RaodOPt.png]

[Image: xRWZGF1.png]
[Image: nSTWlRd.png]

RPG Challenge
I started doing the RPG challenge :D It was actually a 30 day challenge but I work at turtle speed so I gave myself the freedom to work 1-3 days on each topic. I'm going for an exotic fantasy-ish style with this challenge.

Day 1: Yourself as an RPG hero
[Image: 8S1aZU1.png]

Day 2: a villain
So this was super random. I was skyping with a friend and art happened :P
[Image: HG7rtMI.png]

Day 3: a companion/ sidekick
This one took me roughly four days. A griffin dude (:

[Image: cFHIVHu.png][Image: z6ylq7f.png]
[Image: A3pEilO.png]

Daily sketches
About the irregular numbering of sketches: I sometimes use other sketches/ WIP stuff from projects as a daily sketch but I only post them on my Instagram. If you want to follow me, my username is the same as my IG name c:

[Image: ykBTdzI.png]

Tried to be Kim Jung Gi for 5 minutes. And then lost motivation l o l
[Image: 1lggWk4.png]

Comfort zone crap. This is where my anxiety kicks in and I get scared to try new stuff ._.
[Image: dch6nem.png]

Back to values, I'll try to explore them more.
[Image: zuEHmiC.png]

I was inspired by movie screenshots so I decided to do something similair as well. I'm also trying to focus on my stroke efficiency, because  I tend to render every single pixel. Be gone, bad habits!
[Image: Eyn2avI.png]

Extending my comfort zone by practicing expressions c:

[Image: saJsIoU.png]

Aaaaand My art got bitch-slapped. This time by procrastination :D
[Image: gTKlhLF.png]

That's it for now. I'll be focusing on preparing myself to paint Lysandra's design by doing metal/armor, hair, skin and drapery studies. I'd love to hear what you guys think about my work, the direction I'm heading in and what my weaknesses are and other critiques and thoughts you have. Gotta art hard!