YaketyMac SB
Well I'll start posting some of my sketches here. Ill post some past stuff as well and try to date it.
These are all between June and now
FYI the eyes in the bottom right hand corner of this one are not supposed to be a face haha Most of these are studies as well. 

Some Nose studies

leg studies

Starting to try and apply perspective

Half studies and half from imagination. Trying to figure out how to draw the head at any angle

value study and some gesture

I came up with the master Roshi on my own and only referenced his character here, so I was pretty happy with that

Mostly hand practice

Some studies of the body from some of my favorite artists

The skull and edelgard from Fire Emblem were pretty decent too. The pose I came up with on my own as well and I got it into perspective okayish. The skull I just drew from my imagination, so the skull practice is starting to pay off

Your sketchbook remind how this guy study and also how you present your work.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8481.html

I don't know why i share that with you honestly perhaps there value in comparing yourself to someone with a similar approch i don't it up to you.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(08-19-2020, 11:18 AM)darktiste Wrote: Your sketchbook remind how this guy study and also how you present your work.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8481.html

I don't know why i share that with you honestly perhaps there value in comparing yourself to someone with a similar approch i don't it up to you.
Haha that is surprisingly similar! I like his approach. Yeah I kind of just focus on generally one thing and go from there. Like hands or eyes. Im really trying to embody perspective into all of my drawing though and start most days with that cube exercise I did. Eventually Id like to draw a body from any perspective. 

Thanks for looking too! Definitely appreciate it!

So i decided to change things up and took some advice from you guys (Thanks!!) and bought Michael Hampton's Figure Drawing. I think my current focus will be capturing the essence of a pose and trying to steer away from how much I focus on contour. His use of ICS curves started helping as you can see below. My goals right now are gestural drawing and breaking down into simple shapes. I also found a cool exercise from Desquolor as well that involved turning a cube, so that's definitely helping me perspective wise. Also a skull I tried my luck at drawing he made. 

You can find the exercise your probably talking about here https://drawabox.com/lesson/1/rotatedboxes if not well it probably similar to what you described but instead of only being only on the ground plane it more complex.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(08-20-2020, 11:53 AM)darktiste Wrote: You can find the exercise your probably talking about here https://drawabox.com/lesson/1/rotatedboxes if not well it probably similar to what you described but instead of only being only on the ground plane it more complex.
Woah, never knew about that site. Yeah Im definitely going to try that exercise next!

Hey! I've been really busy studying lately and have not had the time to update my sketchbook. Anyways here is the progress I've made in the last month. This Clint Eastwood study is my most recent project and I feel pretty good about it. I had a focus mainly on learning to paint skin as well as lighting. 

The next ones go back about a month ago. I was focusing on shapes and form and learning the skull and posing here

Next was a pose I found online that I liked and I made a quick Zero Suit Samus out of it

Couple of value and form studies

Starting to break down skin. Found this tut online and used the three images of the girl as reference. Definitely helped a lot!

Definitely not perfect, and the teeth are awful, but I think I'm starting to incorporate a larger value range. This was also a study

Drawabox exercise as well as trying to break down the shapes of the body

Quick skin study

More studies, just trying to figure out the human form

More Studies. Center was a piece of art I liked I found on pinterest

I went back and re did some of the colors on the Zero Suit Samus. Definitely need to work on more here, but also some improvement

cool studies.
What does "dont boomerang" mean?
likely its a common phrase for artists, but I dont know it, yet.

(09-15-2020, 10:06 AM)graphicnovelist Wrote: cool studies.
What does "dont boomerang" mean?
likely its a common phrase for artists, but I dont know it, yet.
Thanks! Yeah haha that was just a note to myself mostly. It was a color shifting technique I learned a long time ago that I think I relied to heavily on. It involved hue shifting and desaturating as you got darker or lighter, but it really depended on the object. I found with skin it gets more saturated as it gets darker, so that's why I made note of it. Hopefully that explained it some haha

Awesome sketchbook thus far. Look forward to more from you :) Ps. Following you on Insta x

🦇 33 / F / BPL UK
🖤 Imogen's Sketchbook of '22
🖤 ART Instagram
🖤 (NEW) DeviantART
🖤 Social Media Links

Really great sketchbook here, love that you're concentrating on form and construction which is always helpful. You nailed the Clint Eastwood digi as well, great likeness, brushwork, and use of colors there! Keep it going!