Momentary's Snapshots
They say third time's a charm, so here goes...

I'll try to post more presentable stuff here in hopes of feedback.

Here's some sketches I did a while ago to challenge myself with more expressive brush work.

[Image: GYThfjZ.png]
[Image: fVOI4vv.png]
[Image: If7J56o.png]
these are good, the 3rd I like best, looks strongest graphically.
you can still bring out more interest in the light shapes and variance in detail size to give more interest and warrant the viewer giving it a longer look.

the brush works not bad but looks a little insecure and haphazard

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
Quite nice work! Did you use reference for these or are they your own design?

(09-07-2020, 02:20 PM)Zorrentos Wrote: Quite nice work! Did you use reference for these or are they your own design?

They were studies from the film Real Steel. If you search the names of each with "Real Steel" on google, you should be able to find the original poster refs.

-

A few more sketches, trying to apply what I learnt from the earlier 3.

[Image: OZE9pf4.png]

[Image: 2DVTnxd.jpg]

^^forgot the character was suppose to be pure whiteTongue
Thankfully Photoshop has these magical fix-everything buttons to save my life last minute...
Cool man! Maybe more time to think before doing any brush stoke will help you out being more assertive. Keep it up! Hope to see you here more often!
Welp, here's to another season of not posting.

[Image: p04Fqgh.jpg]

Refs:
Edgar Payne
James E. Reynolds
Rembrandt
Caravaggio
Jeremy Mann

And some other stuff:
[Image: ppbLVPt.png]
^ Refs: Destiny 2 + https://www.facebook.com/alvin.lee.982/p...3136703174

[Image: mJBharP.png]

[Image: 2JTxvQG.png]

[Image: gS08G40.png]

[Image: iTNostP.png]
^Study from Magnolia. Great film.

[Image: csYot1H.png]
Rock studies, mostly referencing here, at 21:10:

[Image: Urpegid.jpg]

[Image: B4WvGxb.png]

[Image: 9tKObp6.png]
Love the loose rock studies!

Nice rock studies, although, I would say they are a bit messy. Did you have a purpose for making them or are you simply training visual library and muscle memory?

Here is a good approach to these kinds of studies. You should try to split them up and analyze how the shapes are built up. In my own opinion, it's always a good approach to have a purpose behind every study we make:

http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2008/0...lanes.html

Those ink sketches are pretty bad ass! I love how they look like they were made quickly and effortlessly, but the proportions and shapes still read really well.
(12-17-2020, 10:08 PM)Zorrentos Wrote: Did you have a purpose for making them or are you simply training visual library and muscle memory?

It's to innoculate myself with doing quick, tedious and trivial subjects so I can slowly get used to both letting go and covering a wide range of sketches before detailing.

I rarely would do those, maybe at a figure drawing session where there's 2 minute poses, 5 minute poses, and 10 minute poses before a one/two hour long pose. I already don't do those enough, but with COVID, it's literally been a year since I really tried sketching so I'm trying to remember how to do that again. (゚A゚;)

----------
(12-22-2020, 10:48 AM)tchangchang Wrote: Those ink sketches are pretty bad ass! I love how they look like they were made quickly and effortlessly, but the proportions and shapes still read really well.

Thank you! ;w;
For a secret santa I participated in.

[Image: 0JORBw6.png]