Nude study and shading study
I made that digital painting and i feeling something is wrong in the skin,facial texture and anatomy.Mainly the skin texture and of course,the shading) are give me a sensation of something much "amateur".
Of course i'm amateur artist BUT i don't want my digital paintings looks like that HUAHUA.

The reference is the photo,of course ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

If you have problem with skin tone do skin study that should be a no brainer.Take a small square of an image and try to match the color as close to the original as possible.But more importantly ask yourself what are the color of your light source what are the color that are possibly being reflected by the environnement. For example here you get a warm yellow light source coming from somewhere behind her back will you also got a window in front of her which a castwhite light on her.Now if you look at your shadow you get that drap color mixing in with the skin tone.

I recommend you work more on proportion as of now with simple lineart drawing.You are missing opportunity to get more accurate if you don't understand how to utilize looking at the negative space for example the negative space between the leg is incorrect.You can also note that the arm on your drawing is in the wrong perspective just by looking at the negative space once again.

It ok to feel like you can't put your finger of something is just mean your not spend as much time as you should observing.Which is the primary skill any artist should be focusing on.The problem of observing is that it require the ability to create a internal dialogue and that require a vocabulary that might not be as developped as it should be.

Here a post i did on how to start to get better at observation and how to use what you observe to describe what you see.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4107.html

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(04-27-2021, 07:53 AM)darktiste Wrote: If you have problem with skin tone do skin study that should be a no brainer.Take a small square of an image and try to match the color as close to the original as possible.But more importantly ask yourself what are the color of your light source what are the color that are possibly being reflected by the environnement. For example here you get a warm yellow light source coming from somewhere behind her back will you also got a window in front of her which a castwhite light on her.Now if you look at your shadow you get that drap color mixing in with the skin tone.

I recommend you work more on proportion as of now with simple lineart drawing.You are missing opportunity to get more accurate if you don't understand how to utilize looking at the negative space for example the negative space between the leg is incorrect.You can also note that the arm on your drawing is in the wrong perspective just by looking at the negative space once again.

It ok to feel like you can't put your finger of something is just mean your not spend as much time as you should observing.Which is the primary skill any artist should be focusing on.The problem of observing is that it require the ability to create a internal dialogue and that require a vocabulary that might not be as developped as it should be.

Here a post i did on how to start to get better at observation and how to use what you observe to describe what you see.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4107.html
I think this is great advice. I'd add that overblending is contributing to the amateur look. The skin looks too smooth. It's closer to the type of texture of metal.

I think the previous two posters gave you some excellent points to consider. I would like to add another one. Your subject is the most important part of your piece since she is the focus, but since you also decided to paint in the background, I think it is worth noting that the perspective is not quite right. In your painting, the angle of the bed is much steeper than the photo, and I think that is also contributing to the image feeling off.

[url=https://www.artstation.com/chadblevins][/url]