An actual quality how to draw book for young teens.
So this is something that has been brewing in the back of my mind for a while. A how to draw book where anyone who actually knows anything doesn't cringe like hell when we look at it.

The idea is to make a book in direct competitions of the likes of Christopher hart, in terms of it is supposed to be a cheap fairly short book that relatives will buy a kid as a shitty Christmas present because they heard they like drawing. But it will be peer reviewed by professional artists, and contain strong fundamentals.

The more i think about it the harder i realize it is going to be, as i want to punch in as many fundamentals as i can, but still be straightforward, and provide a perfect basis in which the kids then can jump to traditional drawing texts. I'm not really thinking too much about how i would get it published, whether crowd sourcing is a valid solution after i have it written, or to approach traditional publishers.

So far I'm making this thread as a commitment to get it done.

Essentially it's going to be the opposite of this

[Image: C4SVqOD.jpg?1]

Ok the goals.
  • To be approachable by absolute beginners
  • Inspire creativity
  • Promote good drawing habits, squash bad (petting lines ect)
  • layout a simple but solid foundation of fundamentals
  • Not look too adult or difficult that an adult will not buy it for their
  • draw characters of varied ethnicities and genders. I don't want to make it a big issue, but maybe have a character that is subtly gay? And avoid stupid stereotypes like "dumb kid" "glamorous teen".

Specific non goals
  • it won't teach colour theory
  • It won't compete with the likes of the traditional life drawing

[/hr]

Another concern that i have is that i am not good enough, but i hope to circumvent that with peer reviewing and iteration on all the drawings.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book

Messages In This Thread
An actual quality how to draw book for young teens. - by OtherMuzz - 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: An actual quality how to draw book for young teens. - by MissLillyArt - 06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: An actual quality how to draw book for young teens. - by SpectreX - 06-27-2013, 05:32 PM