Agerkvist's Sketchbook - help my plan my escape
Hi everyone, my name is Kristian Agerkvist. I've got a sketchbook at CA aswell, but I've seen a few of my buddies leave that place and start sketchbooks here and I must admit it looks like a really good place, so I decided to join them. We have a Skype and Hangouts going where we help each other out and keep each other company so that's where I spent most of my time, but I will try to follow these forums abit too.

I'll give you the short version of who I am: 34 years old, two kids ages 1 and 4, lovely girlfriend, house, mortgage, I full time job that is ok but not fantastic and a burning desire to make a living as a freelance illustrator.

I've been drawing on and off my entire life but only about a year ago did I realize that I could actually make a career of it if I practice and work hard. Now my fear is that this realization came to late and I can't find enough hours between my regular job and taking care of my family, but I've taught myself to not let doubt and negativity dictate how I feel so I draw and paint nearly every day, also on the bad days. I have about 2 hours every night and more on weekends and I try to make them count.

Character illustration will be my focus and after hearing from Marc Brunet over at cubebrush I've been working on my linework and in the coming months I will be doing focused anatomy studies with Michael Hamptons book as my main resource.

To get started here's a few line drawings I did recently and the painted version of one of them. Honest critiques and escpecially advice on how to progress are very welcome and appreciated. Also a painting I'm working on even if I'm taking a break from it right now. Colors are done super quick just trying to get a feel for it. They're all wips and I'm still deciding wheter to color the orc or just leave it greyscale.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Agerkvist's Sketchbook - help my plan my escape - by Agerkvist - 01-26-2015, 12:20 AM