Snow raider WIP
thanks so much guys and sorry for the late reply, was noodling over this for a quite a while making adjustments. Decided I'm going to start afresh, have taken the following from your brilliant critiques:
-Make the pose suit the character. Generic/out of place poses create confusion and reduce believability.
-Keep in mind the angle of the torso in comparison to the angle of the shoulders when twists are involved
-Pay closer attention and stick more to reference: please see the reference i used below for interest
http://xavierward.deviantart.com/art/FEM...-533794851
-Simplicity of pose and shapes creates more impact
-Visual noise or methods to show how the costume was constructed also adds to believability
-Keep rendering style consistent, along with value control; the pauldron shouldnt be phototextured/high in value range when the rest of the 'focal point' torso is not.
-Increased saturation and lighting on the upper body can be important despite the inclination to keep the palette muted

I hope this ticks off most of what you helped me learn, really great critique Amit, pnate and jonesoda thanks so much, have certainly learned at lot from your crit, will certainly be working with all of these in mind on my next piece.
Many thanks all, have great days!

Xaiver

Train, gain, or stay the same.
Deviantart
Sketchberk

Messages In This Thread
Snow raider WIP - by Wardy - 06-06-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by Amit Dutta - 06-07-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by Jonesoda - 06-08-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by pnate - 06-09-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by Wardy - 07-20-2015, 10:00 PM