The Crimson Daggers grand manor
So I was talking to Smrr about how Crimson Daggers community would look like, if we were summoners, with out own cult and HQ. The whole thing is fantasy themed.

Heres some passages of our conversation that can give you a general idea.
"...Whatever they draw they summon (they can summon rooms, mini-environments etc). The mansion is massive and also has multiple oratoriums and workshops..."

"...It could even be some kind of Crimson Daggers group comic, where we design everything around story, create rough sketches and so on. Basically a big collaboration. It would be interesting to see one person doing rough concept sketches and another refining them..."

"...Another interesting concept is to make a map system pertaining to the original mansion/castle. Then do rooms from top-down view(kinda like some older rpgs) ..."

"...Artists can pick a "plot" and create their designs within it. Kind of like in minecraft, exept there no limitations, since you can come up with so much different stuff..."

"...Maybe start out with some basic areas like dining, library, bathroom etc..."

"...Anyways, where have you pictured the mansion so far?
For me, I imagined it among the mountains, at night. Its all windy and cold outside and then you see the place glowing and make your way there, when you get in there can either be some grand hall, or a smaller segment that resembles an inn, with a mysterious large door at the back that leads further in to the keep. But it always has a fireplace, because it just feels so damn comfy..."

"...This function was well hidden, also the Crimson Daggers is fairly well hidden..."

"...You have found a secret mechanism in a hidden cult..."

"...The swish flicks of pens scratching on paper 'til in no time, the summonist slams the paper on the ground, steps back and watches as a wispy, ephemeral surveillance hound charges out of thin air - now on the prowl, skulking outside of the mansion's outskirts for any non-believers and purgers of artistry and dreams!.."

"...I actually pictured the mansion surprisingly similar to how you do! I see a moonlit, cloudy night - with the manor planted atop a spire-like rockface, about 20m above the sea with a windy, narrow, rocky pathway that leads to the grand doorways.
Inside the manor, there's a warm touch upon entry (though I didn't think of a fireplace o: neat!), a red blood-red carpet leading atop a staircase, where a grandiose painting of the founding members of the Daggers greets guests as the main entrance doors first open.
Also, I immediately thought of that tent in Harry Potter, or the TARDIS from Doctor Who, where on the outside it looks rather small/average but the inside is huuuuuge..."

So if any of the above passages was of interest to you, let me know and join in on discussion.

I suppose the simplest way to start is to just do a drawing/painting that is a piece of the world, where this cult exists.
Some information on the world:
medieval fantasy themed
Outside the HQ magical sightings and creatures are a rare occurance.
Advanced technology has a steampunkish look.
Feel free to add ideas to flesh out the world and Daggers HQ

Ill post back in the evening with some rough sketches, I think the biggest issue with the idea is that theres so much to do It might seem overwhelming+ with so many things taking up our time in this modern world it can be difficult to also create stuff for another world.
However I think everyone has an hour or two to spare, doesnt have to be every day, but whenever you feel like it.
And ofc whatever you post here, you can refine further and also present it in your portfolio, the thread is merely to give another goal to the group.

One of the bonuses of this idea is its adaptability. If theres a few people "living" in the HQ you can make interior illustrations of abandoned parts, or give a feeling of eeriness or desolation(since the HQ is so damn large).

Hope this wall of text gave you some ideas.

Messages In This Thread
The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by crackedskull - 06-28-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by smrr - 06-28-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by DK - 06-29-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by smrr - 06-29-2015, 12:43 PM