Vornag's Happy-Go-Funtime Turbo Ultra Resurrected Hopefully Trainwreck
Hey! I just thought I'd stop by
Your figure studies are coming along nice man. Real nice environments your making too. I feel your pain with your productivity goals and stuff. For me, counting hours worked - I didn't quite do it in relation to 10k though. I printed a chart with columsn for the 7 days of the week, and 24 rows, for each hour of the day, and each hour I would write down what I did that hour, and colour the box in blue if that hour was an art hour. So I got the satisfaction of completing daily goals: reaching 4h a day, 5h a day, then 6h a day, up and up. Seeing 13/10,000 might discourage you somewhat. But, OTOH that would be pretty amazing to have an actual count of how many hours you have. Also, just remember that this 10k idea is very new. Its just a guide. 10k of bad training won't help, etc.
Imo you might get some motivation back if you finish some pieces. These last characters are really cool. Maybe try finishing one, working on it directly to make it look nice - basic steps, 3 values and simple hue choices for each clothing element for example, and one light source.
I say that cos having an endless stream of studies can make us forget the whole reason we get into art in the first place, to make awesome stuff we enjoy... so sometimes we need to work on making nice pieces. You can make real nice art even if your level isn't where it has to be - there is nice art that can be made at every stage, with simplified colouring and lighting for example.

anyway i hope the rant is useful. i think you can also increase your productivity by remembering what it is you enjoy about painting, and focus on enjoying your study and not making it a huge battle

keep up the good fight!

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vornag's Happy-Go-Funtime Trainwreck - by aks9 - 06-21-2016, 09:35 AM