In over my head with a commission @@
Hello, all! I hope this isn't a bad thing to do, but I've been working on this commission on and off for well over a month but I'm tearing my hair out and I just want to get it done. I figure it's probably time to ask for some help. I'm fine with portraits but illustration is an entirely different story... but it's what I want to do, because I'm a masochist like that.

Here's the first one, so far:
[Image: 2015-07-21%20-%201813.png~original]

I got fed up with the scale and everything on this one, so I decided to retry it, this time in grayscale:
[Image: 2015-07-21%20-%2018132.png~original]

She likes both, but that the first captures the feeling she was hoping for more accurately. She likes the details in the second, though (I'm not sure what she means). I told her I would rework them to see if I could find a happy mid-point... but then I have no idea where to go. I feel like I'm going about it all wrong, like I'm fumbling in the dark.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've even thought about paying someone with part of the final cut to help me see it through to it's completion, like over-the-shoulder mentorship, but I don't really know if that's a good idea. TT TT I just want it done.

Website | Tumblr | Sketchbook
Processed in a facility that also contains kawaii BS.

Messages In This Thread
In over my head with a commission @@ - by mimi-min - 08-21-2015, 11:42 AM