Photoshop lagging to all hell >.<
Some tech stuff;

There is a difference in how SSD's and HDD's behave. HDD is an optical drive that spins and doesn't have problems with writing a lot of data on it. Doesn't influence the performance on the long term.
SSD are cells, when there is a lot of writing data on the cells will degrade. As a result one of the standard settings is that they want to prevent that. So what they do is say that everything should be processed on the RAM instead of writing it to the SSD.

8 RAM and HDD is not a problem, since they don't have a problem with writing the additional data to the HDD. With the SSD they don't want that.

I have a program (Samsung Magican, since I have samsung drive) were I can manage the settings of the SSD. There I can select a setting that allows writing from the RAM to the SSD. It will degrade the SSD a bit faster, but you will be able to use photoshop normally. So maybe try to find that setting somewhere? Things should work better then :).

I know all this because I replaced the broken HDD with and SSD and suddenly it was complaining to run out of RAM (also 8GB) by photoshop or modelling while I hadn't this probelm with the HDD :P.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by meat - 01-27-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by Flow - 01-29-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by Eyliana - 01-29-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by meat - 01-30-2016, 01:06 AM