John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
Hey dude, thx for the encouragement in my SB!

I don't want to discourage you, since I know how exciting it is to get to finally colouring something, which is great practice (that I rarely get cause my stuff is hardly ever 'good' enough to me). Plus, you're pretty damn hard on yourself as it is, but I just noticed a couple things that I felt I'd share about your silhouette. I think it can be an awesome pose but couple points don't feel right.

You mentioned the iron man pose, I'm not comparing yours to that one since it's your own thing - and the iron man below isn't the greatest silhouette in the world and has it's own ambiguous things, like the weird bulging part that looks like an ear but it isn't - but looking at them together I hope shows where yours could be more successful.

[Image: QLQJcy6.jpg]

You've got this thing where her torso feels super small because of a weird optical thing with that protruding chest piece, but I think that will be super clear when there is some lighting on it. Mainly it's the shoulder guard behind her head that turns the whole drawing into a different shape that makes the pose a little difficult to read. If you're tired of doing lines, I'd say go ahead and colour it since it's good practice but if you can bear working it a little more, I think it can be way more awesome.

Hope it's useful, if not feel free to ignore!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Thread) - by JyonnyNovice - 07-15-2016, 11:19 PM