John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
I don't think it's a bomb, the hand is totally acceptable I think, the background is sound - it creates a story element to the piece, which I'd say is a success. If you still have them on separate layers you could easily fix that arm.

[Image: cYcJbTm.jpg]

Moved the arm up a little, rotated a little and squashed in a little, and changed the shadow on the underside of forearm so it's not a straight line.

EDIT moving forward though, in this piece and the iron lady one I think you suffered a bit from construction not being rock solid - you finish them off really beautifully but a few small things end up a little bit off. Next piece would be good to get a super solid construction going after you do whatever process you do to get the pose in, go over it with really simple construction lines to check all the joints and spine and major masses, check all that stuff is absolutely not broken, I think you're stuff will be absolutely gorgeous if you get that stuff down, since you pull out some great charm and appeal on the finish.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Thread) - by JyonnyNovice - 08-09-2016, 04:20 AM