John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
Continuing onto the third and final part of Josie and the Pussycats print process:

From where I left off, I established where my lights are and which colors are going to be in the piece. All planned out and ready to go. So here comes monotonous rendering leg work which I'm going to gloss over.

I work one character at a time. The character in the fore front gets through the wringer first:

Then the drummer:

Then the guitar player at the back, which I redid the face 3 times over. Twice on the same file (which will be shown here). Another in a different PS file, where I made a short study (line art with little shading) of the head :

At this point in time, I realized the shirt wasn't working well given it's background. So I took the liberty of changing the wardrobe up, testing out a couple of shirts and finally deciding on black that'll just fade into the darkness of the environment outside.

I gave the background more elements to frame the drummer better. Given her light hair color, I thought of putting on a dark background so it will make her pop. That and more changes (tightening of the details, change scales, etc...)

At this point, I save the piece to a new document (ver3). This is pretty much a good checkpoint to do so. 

And finally, more tightening, more elements in the background to give that Josie and the Pussycat feel.

Cropping to the original 11 x 15 and final!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by John - 11-27-2016, 06:08 PM