Landscape paintover
You've got some good feedback already, I did a quick paintover which takes the image in a pre battle direction. I  adjusted some things -  the light you have coming through the trees can be used to increase attention on the focal points by hitting the spots you want the viewer to focus on, as Amit said that mound is the main focal point I think the image reads better flipped  so have it flipped horizontally. You have a really great opportunity with the image to play with the reddish light source and have cool blue in the shadows to really push some nice contrasting colours and use the browns and varying hues to help add interest. The roots and branches could also be used to guide the eye by and make them feel more organic by not having all the branches uniform. I also used the sword and shield element to place some very quick figure silhouettes one of a resting warrior and then his sword points those who are opposing him coming round the corner and the sword the front guy has points to the branch which points back to the main focal point so you have a triangle there to keep the eye in the image.

You have some great feedback already and as has already been said without knowing the client's exact requirements this might not help as much but hopefully it gives you some ideas.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Landscape paintover - by FactofMyth - 02-12-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by Amit Dutta - 02-12-2016, 07:51 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by FactofMyth - 02-12-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by artistebot - 02-12-2016, 07:52 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by Amit Dutta - 02-12-2016, 08:21 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by JonHop - 02-12-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by Amit Dutta - 02-12-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by FactofMyth - 02-12-2016, 09:01 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by Amit Dutta - 02-12-2016, 09:46 AM
RE: Landscape paintover - by FactofMyth - 02-12-2016, 10:54 AM