Alves' Sketchbook
Damn I've been extremely lazy to update this sketchbook.. But that'll change.

Before going into the actual stuff, I'm going to make an effort to deliberately think about my current struggles:
1. I tend to go into speed-sketching mode without first thinking about what I'm drawing. While this might be good option when you feel like things are getting too stiff and technical, what I do is quite the opposite, I get too loose, too often.
2. Lines are too sketchy. Probably a consequence of 1. as these sketching lines serve the purpose of mindless exploration. And also I feel I'm getting very lazy and instead of refining and cleaning up stuff I end up falling for the anxiety of wanting to do something new. Any advice for this?
3. Running out of ideas. I'm not sure it is a case of lacking in the visual library department, because if someone asks me to draw a random thing I think I do a good job of at representing it with reasonable fidelity, but it may be that I need some new inspirations.

Ok, now onto the drawings. The first 2 are plain random. The 3rd one I tried to sketchout some old school bullies. The 4th was an attempt to design a young mexican cowboy. 5th was me trying to sketchout some environment pieces, not very happy with them though, I still suck at environments, even though they are some of the stuff that I love looking at the most, along with vehicles. The last one was actually one of my most structured attempts as of late, I took inspiration from Half Life 2 and Wolfenstein New Order to design an Authoritarian Cop set in a dystopian future.

[Image: PfbyzGY.jpg]
[Image: bWHHa1L.jpg]
[Image: SUrmsCe.jpg]
[Image: 067W4EE.jpg]
[Image: SIl6LE2.jpg]
[Image: QXotDEe.jpg]

Any tips guys? Would love to hear all kinds of advice! :)

Messages In This Thread
Alves' Sketchbook - by alves - 05-21-2016, 03:21 AM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by John - 05-22-2016, 08:44 AM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by alves - 05-25-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by alves - 05-25-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by John - 05-29-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by alves - 07-18-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by alves - 07-18-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by alves - 07-22-2016, 04:52 AM
RE: Alves' Sketchbook - by alves - 07-22-2016, 10:21 PM