Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram
(11-19-2016, 09:21 PM)Einver Wrote: Dude, this is some mad mileage. It's great to see you putting in this kind of quantity. I'm surprised no one's commented/welcomed you yet! haha.

Allow me to be the first. Welcome to CD!

A bit of critique below :D.

keep focusing on construction/proportions! Watch the spacing of your eyes for your heads as well-- things are getting a bit askew and slanted.

I'd say you could slow down for a few (maybe a 5-6) and see how things go with some erasing and correction. There's things you're only going to notice if you focus on one for a long time as opposed to blasting through 20+ haha.

Aww thank you so much :D Yeah my proportions are way off, its why i started drawing smaller and using simple construction, easier for me to catch mistakes that way. I see what you are saying about the eyes, will focus to improve on it.

Yeah that makes sense, theres something addicting about doing quicker studies because you can restart easily LOL but youre right, need to do longer studies. Ill make sure to carve out some time for that, thank you for the crit! its really helpful ^^ 
(11-19-2016, 09:36 PM)Piloreta Wrote: Welcome to CD!

Your sketchbook is mad! Keep on pushing with structure!!! As the fellow said above, try doing a longer drawing with more thought into it. I know you are struggling a lot, I used to draw a hell lot in quantity, but I then realised I was missing some stuff, like proportion (and I still miss lol).

Take good care of your back and your hands! Do not push your body further than you can: I did this wrong too months ago, I have gotten sick because of the amount of time I was training nonstop. So, resting i very important, sometimes even mentally.

I talk too much, sorry. I will be following close your sketchbook, do you like Krenz Cushart? I  see some stuff that looks like hits patreon stuff!! So cool, I love his work.

Yeah you guys are right, ill make sure to do some longer studies. Yeah Im doing a better job at taking care of myself now, it is frustrating because all I want to do right now is work, but Ill get better :D

LOL feel free to talk as much as you like, its always nice to hear other peoples thoughts. 

Yeah I love Krenz way of doing things, I bought his gumroad tutorials and realized that I need to focus on very basic structure. Also his approach isnt cluttered with knowledge that might not be useful, especially for people that arent aiming to draw perfect anatomy. I really love the way he can draw very organic forms and his ability to redraw poses in different perspectives; Like this stuff

[Image: 7366b14954e53ad0090ff101ace657db.jpg]

So good LOL 

Im really happy I joined this forum, its nice to be able to share studies and talk art. Im kind of taken back by how nice it feels to see other people also working on similar things. Will keep updating!

Messages In This Thread
Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 11-11-2016, 12:51 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 11-11-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 11-14-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 11-19-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by Einver - 11-19-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 11-21-2016, 04:15 AM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 11-24-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 11-29-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 12-03-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 12-08-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: Struggle and Hardwork by Jey Ram - by JeyRam - 12-15-2016, 04:14 PM