Is it possible to make yourself enjoy art?
I've always been afraid of drawing architecture but as an aspiring comic book creator it is something that I have to learn.  I'm not entirely sure why I don't like drawing architecture, maybe it is because I've never been any good at it, maybe it is because I've always found it boring compared to figure drawing.

I've always found in the past that I can improve at something faster and for longer when I enjoy doing it.  So I've been wondering if I can make myself enjoy drawing architecture.

My theory is that if I can just sit down and draw or paint enough architecture sketches, I will eventually start to improve and as I improve, I will begin to enjoy doing them and when I enjoy doing them, I will begin to improve faster.

My question to the forum is this:

Is it possible to make yourself enjoy drawing something that you are currently scared of drawing?

I'd be really interested in any thoughts on this, thanks in advance :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
Is it possible to make yourself enjoy art? - by Artloader - 05-16-2017, 08:46 AM