Roanna's sketchbook AKA Negative Space
Thanks a lot for the reply @Fedodika. To be honest, it is so hard to understand head "planes" from a 2d line drawing. I'll try to repeat Asaro head studies from 3d models. You said: "i reccomend jeff watts quick sketch with the riley rythms", what exactly are you talking about? Is it a course of him? Part of Youtube videos? Or just his drawings from the Instagram?
The only book I have for now is Steve Huston's "figure drawing for artists" and sometimes it gets pretty awkward:

Decided to draw yesterday from CroquisCafe. The first 1min pose turned out pretty well, I even thought: "wow, girl you can do something good, when you want." I like gesture, indication of hair and volume. But after that something "clicked" inside of me and I got anxious, insecure of what I was doing. I thought that couldn't draw anything good, just because the first one was a pure coincidence. And even though time increased, I didn't have enough of it: lost proportions, wrong body shape and I even didn't manage to get the right gesture for the 5min pose!
What is wrong with me?

Also I've done some sketches for the fanart of Jaina with magic, sea, water elementals, ship, but it is too much for me; tried to invent more heads, draw my first animal. Hurray =)

Sketchbook (^_^)
 [page01] [page02] [page03] [page04]

| DeviantArt | Instagram |

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roanna's sketchbook AKA Negative Space - by roanna - 09-21-2018, 12:42 AM