One Thousandth time's the charm
Shocked 
Hello Crimson Daggers forum! Call me Arqm. I'm 19 years old and this is probably the thousandth something attempt of me "picking up" art again in the past four to five years. I started drawing when I was in High school, and at the time it was simply a coping mechanism for dealing with stress and the bullying I received while attending. After a while I ended up enjoying drawing and I wanted to pursue a career in it.(Was hoping to do Character Design and 2D animation.) So, I started to take it a bit more seriously and began my efforts to improve. I bought and studied a ton of art books (figure drawing, anatomy, etc.), took art classes, got critiques from other artists on my work, and I practiced almost everyday. My confidence was very high in the beginning, but it started to waver when I slowly realized no matter how much I did and how much time I put in it, my art never seemed to improve or get better. It always seemed fixed. And even if I did make some progress it was only by a little bit each time. I ended up trying to apply to an art school with what I had and their rejection only confirmed that I wasn't good enough. 

After that, I dropped it for a while, at least as far as doing it seriously. It seemed useless to continue it when I was getting nowhere. The quarantine and pandemic, however, has given me a lot of time on my hands and made me realize that I lack any sort of skill to call my own. Art was the only thing I could sort of call my own despite how shit my work was. That's why I've come here today to start over and try to see if this time around I can do it somewhat competently with the help of others.  Looking foward to drawing with you all.

Messages In This Thread
One Thousandth time's the charm - by Arqm - 12-16-2020, 03:01 PM
RE: One Thousandth time's the charm - by wld.89 - 12-16-2020, 06:43 PM
RE: One Thousandth time's the charm - by Arqm - 12-17-2020, 04:06 AM