Crimson COW (Week of March 1st)
(03-12-2021, 11:22 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Whoa i really like that painting Gerben! You say you did it in 3D but it's painted over? Or what do you mean? Anyway it's an awesome start, I really like the morning atmosphere. It is more of a environment concept though. 

Here's an update on mine. I actually don't really care for it that much. The values and color are really murky and don't strongly communicate the form. I basically just cleaned up what I had without much editing or designing, but I would like to find some references from animals and go in for a round 2 of the design if i have time.

Yes its a paintover from a sculpt I did! I dig your update, you're right about the form not communicating yet but that's just a matter of time! I think the basics of your design is there.

I've put the painting on hold for now and just focused on getting the dragon's design more fleshed out. Struggling big-time with it!

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca

Messages In This Thread
Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by Pubic Enemy - 03-01-2021, 01:14 AM
RE: Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by gerbenpasjes - 03-13-2021, 07:06 AM
RE: Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by Skeffin - 03-13-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by Jana - 03-15-2021, 09:22 PM