Help me clarify my job title
Hi i am a aspiring concept artist with no prior experience in the game industries.

I am kinda unsure exact;y about how to describe what position i am trying to get hire as like i like to design a bunch of thing but at the same time i don't know to what job offer i must seek to respond or create opportunity and brand myself as THE GUY WHO DOES ''THIS''. I know the position i am looking to fill is concept artist but i am unsure if the thing i like to draw put me in the position of being call a environnement artist or a prop artist i also can't seem to find any job title that sound like concept artist (that specialize in object)like when i try to understand if i am an environnement artist i get the image of myself drawing background landscape which isn't something i am really interest in.There a some categorie of thing i like to draw like character,creature and asset design(prop design) my question is what is the name of the job title i am suppose to apply to?I suppose this also put me in a position to be more specialize which might be against my best interest as a aspiring junior concept artist but at the same time i keep hearing echo that you don't want to be a jack of all trade because it make you average at everything and that prevent you from standing out.

Thank you for feed back and i hope i can clarify this confusion as to better prepare my portfolio. The intention is mostly for me to apply to position that are relevant to me and save time for people who review those portfolio.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-26-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-28-2021, 02:48 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-28-2021, 09:14 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-28-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-28-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-30-2021, 10:54 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-30-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-30-2021, 01:35 PM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Zizka - 03-30-2021, 10:01 PM