Poll: Who drew the best mythological beast?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Skeffin
28.57%
2 28.57%
RottenPocket
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson COW Finals (Week of April 18th)
Nice birb, very flowing. I think the white lines clash with the ink wash style a bit, but that's just my feel.

IIRC, the paint bucket issue can be minimized by making a selection outside of the lineart and then inverting it, and then using the paint bucket on that selection, so any white border will be more likely to land inside the lines. Plus, you wanna set the "Tolerance" (or whatever it's called) as high as possible. As far as I can tell, most people go back to the line-art layer to fill any gaps, but whatever works, works.

For something with lots of closed spaces like that drawing though, using selections and the paint bucket is probably impractical. It's probably best to manually fill in the outer edges of every part with the fill color you want, and then use the paint bucket to fill in the inner part (as demonstrated here by the Yu-Gi-Oh guy on the BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON, who also erases the edges manually like a madman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8xsdL-qfBQ).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson COW Finals (Week of April 18th) - by Pubic Enemy - 05-02-2021, 12:12 PM