Game Projects and Art for it
Thanks for the reply and feedback, Josephcow.

(07-20-2021, 04:11 AM)JosephCow Wrote: I think your concept for the time period and architectural style is a little fuzzy at the moment. You have examples of buildings characteristic of the Italian Renaissance, but you also refer to the game as medieval. Many fantasy worlds kind of roll elements from the Middle Ages, Renaissance and even Baroque periods together and that's absolutely fine. But you may need to do more research to nail down exactly how you want to do that so that there aren't things put together that don't belong together. I think that a Renaissance inspired city for a merchant city makes a lot of sense since we associate the Renaissance with rich architecture and commerce.

My Idea for the time period is not fuzzy. Maybe I explained it not detailled enough. I am thinking of a medieval period, where the Renaissance is slowly coming up. Like you also said, the Merchant City can be associated with more rich buildings and thats why I found this fitting.

Quote:JosephCow

However, the house you've designed to be a 'peasant house', doesn't really match that. The lower class wouldn't live in marble palaces. Instead maybe consider designing something like this:

Quote:JosephCow

So this kind of visual research is something that can be applied to all your ideas, and it just makes it all more interesting, elevating it from just a basic idea of a house or a tree or a whatever, like you kind of have in your 2d rpg game,  and making it tell a story. That being said, I like what you are coming up with for the Merchant city

This should be, what I did already. Maybe I misspoke somehow, if I said "peasants". With those posted pictures I did not intent to make Houses for "low class people" specifically. I tried to make Houses/Screens, that look like Renaissance Buildings just to get started.
As you stated, they are fitting for a merchant city.

But yes, from here I can design lots of different houses and buildings, also some low class people houses.

Maybe, if its a city-building game, the player starts with low class houses and when his city gets bigger, he can upgrade them. And the latest upgrade looks like the one I already did.

But most likely I will figure out how to make it look better, specifically not so flat, and work over it again.
It was just the first test.

Also, I edited the first post and added my RPG Game - Screen into that post.
Quote:

Messages In This Thread
Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 07-20-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by JosephCow - 07-20-2021, 04:11 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 07-22-2021, 02:41 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Zizka - 07-21-2021, 09:22 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 07-21-2021, 10:24 PM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by JosephCow - 07-22-2021, 03:18 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 08-10-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 08-22-2021, 04:23 AM