Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
(12-02-2013, 06:08 AM)Tatar88 Wrote:
(11-30-2013, 02:49 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Thanks ramalooke and harbinger! I've been kinda lazy the last few days. Between thanksgiving and stress at my shitty job I havnt done much imagination work.

Hey man - thanks for dropping by. Great point about drawing jaw and studying it.
It's good you draw a lot of gestures. I can see clearly the Proko approach:). my advise is to firstly draw the line of action ( meaning the exagerated flowing line(s) - one or two that will describe the body position and movement), next think about rytmh - connecting every opart of the body with another part (think of how chest contours flow into an leg, how nech line can extended to the hip region etc)
Hampton is a very good next step. his approach allows you to construct the anotomy on top of gesture lines. Do not draw contours - draw the movement. contours will be organicly develop.
Take care!

I havnt heard rhythm explained in that way before. I think I understand what it is a little better now. Connecting things that are not directly connected such as the neck to the hip and the chest to the leg. Usually they just say look at the whole body and draw one line through the over all rhythm without really explaining what to look for exactly. I mean I got that if the model is bent over, you draw a curved swoosh line to describe that motion. But a lot of times they're standing straight up and most of the limbs are following the same parallel line of the torso. So I just draw a straight line down the middle which doesnt end up helping me understand the subtle movements of the pose. Thank you for that advice!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Adam Lina - 12-02-2013, 07:15 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM